- Educational Technology Coach, Elementary Teacher, PYP experienced, workshop leader, Apple Distinguished Educator, CIS Accreditation Visiting Team Member
- Over 14 years experience working in international schools around the world
- Experience in leading and supporting schools through 1:1 laptop/tablet programs (PC and Mac), Maker programs, project-based learning, blogging, eportfolios, Google Apps in Education, Office 365
2011 - 2012
International Education Administration
2001 - 2004
2000 - 2001
Outdoor and Experiential Education
1995 - 1999
Advanced Double Major-Neuroscience and International Development Studies
2014 - 2016
Elementary Technology Integration Coach, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Responsible for supporting teachers, administrators, parents and students with educational technology PK-5
- Developed and coordinated 1:1 laptop and tablet programs from Grades 2-5
- Developed an ES Maker Program incorporating 3D printers, robotics, and design thinking technology
- Coordinated MAP testing for all students Grades 3-5
- Facilitated teacher professional development through staff meetings, team meetings, and new teacher orientation
- Liased and planned with ES senior admin on a weekly basis
- Developed implementation of school-wide website and ES portals
- Created a biweekly technology leadership committee for teachers
- Responsible for ES technology budgeting and resource allocation
- Developed Powerschool report card templates and led all training for teachers
- Planned and hosted Learning 2.015 conference and led preconference workshop
- Created Grade 4/5 student technology leadership teams
- Led extracurricular activities on robotics and programming
2012 - 2014
Elementary Technology Coach
- Responsible for supporting teachers, administrators, parents and students with educational technology in a 1:1 laptop school.
- Led ongoing specific teaching training workshops on a variety of information technologies to support PYP program
- Collaborated with grade level and department teams to design and document authentic learning experiences in technology
- Facilitated weekly workshops for new teacher Digital Citizenship skills program
- Coordinated and initiated school-wide ebook publishing project to publish over 500 ebooks
- Helped to initiate school-wide blogging and digital portfolio program
- Coordinated and supported iPad program school-wide
- Attended weekly IT meetings with senior leadership team
- PYP Exhibition and IB Personal Project Mentor
- Responsible for elementary IT budget orders
- Coordinated and supported online programs including Raz Kids, Mathletics, Storybird and Studyladder
- Led after-school activities for students in soccer and Minecraft game-based learning
2009 - 2012
ES Technology Teacher
- Taught technology classes K-5 and helped to infuse learning into curriculum.
- Facilitated student learning through the use of student blogs, podcasts, animation and presentation projects
- Supported teachers through technology professional development workshops.
- Helped develop a school-wide adoption of Google Apps in Education
- Initiated digital portfolios for all Grade 3-5 students.
- Developed technology scope and sequence curriculum for K-5 aligned with ISTE-NETS standards and integrated into class Rubicon Atlas units
- Initiated an iPad/iPod Touch pilot program and monitoring through an action research project through Endicott College.
- Trained teachers on Smartboard interactive whiteboard technology.
- Created school-wide videos and presentations for assemblies
- Coordinated school-wide online reading and math program
- Provided daily troubleshooting and technology support for teachers
Aug 2008 - Jun 2009
Grade 2 Homeroom Teacher
- Taught core subjects through UbD curriculum framework.
- Collaborated with grade team on a weekly basis to design units.
Aug 2004 - Jun 2008
Grade 3 Homeroom/Grade Level Leader
- Facilitated learning for students through PYP inquiry framework.
- Facilitated weekly grade team meetings and guided planning process through PYP framework.
- Used 1:1 laptop program to integrate technology into curriculum.
- Ordered resources and organized grade level budget process
- Appraised team members through performance management process.
- Organized Open House, field trips and special grade level functions.
Aug 2001 - Jun 2004
Grade 4 Homeroom Teacher/Grade Level Leader
- Taught core subjects through UbD framework. Coordinated weekly grade level meetings and events. Served as Science Coordinator to develop science curriculum for elementary school.
- Digital Storytelling through Animation-Apple Regional Training Center, Jakarta, Indonesia, March 2013
- iPads in the Classroom-Apple Regional Training Center, Jakarta, Indonesia, April, 2013
- eBook Publishing, Sinarmas World Academy, Jakarta, Indonesia, April 2013
- Intro to Blogging and Wordpress-Digital Citizenship 101, Jakarta, Indonesia, October 2012
- Using Google Docs/Drive,Digital Citizenship 101, Jakarta, Indonesia, October 2012
- Google Reader and Creative Commons,Digital Citizenship 101, Jakarta, Indonesia, October 2012
- Google Forms and Presentations,Digital Citizenship 101, Jakarta, Indonesia, October 2012
- Digital Storytelling in the Classroom-Teaching Beyond Borders, Jakarta, Indonesia, Oct 2012
- Google Apps in Education, ISKL, Kuala Lumpur, March 2012
- Mobile Learning, ISKL, Kuala Lumpur, Feb 2012
- Game-Based Learning, ISKL, Kuala Lumpur, Feb 2012
- Blogging in the Classroom, ISKL, Kuala Lumpur, Nov 2012
- Digital Storytelling, ISKL, Kuala Lumpur, Jan 2012
- Smartboards: Tips and Tricks, ISKL, Kuala Lumpur, Nov 2012
- Online Safety-Parent Workshop, ISKL, Kuala Lumpur, Sept 2012
- Mac OSX for beginners-ISKL, Kuala Lumpur, Jan 2012