Currently pursuing Senior Finance and Treasury Leadership roles. Actively investigating opportunities in medium size companies to meet or exceed growth potential. High-energy Finance Executive with proven track record of leveraging strategic analysis, proactive financial management and process improvement to drive topline and profit growth.Extensive experience as a Senior Finance Leader in a Fortune 500 company. MBA with successful track record in Strategic Planning, Financial Analysis and Process Improvement. Demonstrated success in P&L Management, Business Plan Development and Revenue Growth. Skilled at building productive partnerships between finance and cross-function divisions.
Mark L. Lee differentiates himself from other finance professionals by submersing himself in the operations of a company, learning the “ins and outs” of a company and translating that knowledge into action plans. Viewed as the “go to” person, Mark is a “cog in the wheel,” mastering the intricacies of the company’s operations and leading the organization to over-deliver expectations.
“Success is not just doing your job well, but understanding the inner workings of a company and how to lead the senior staff and all functional leaders with the right strategy to exceed business targets.”
Mark’s personal strategy draws upon his rich work history from three diverse industries. His transferable skillset of strategy, planning and analysis, along with his ability to work effectively cross-functionally, makes him a valuable member to the executive team.He has built organizations, developed departments and implemented key operating metrics and processes for delivering solid business results.
Mark’s leadership and comprehensive business acumen have impacted business results across several different markets.His discipline around pricing architecture grew revenue/unit +3%, yielded cost savings in excess of $2MM and improved labor productivities by +4%.Profit consistently grew +4% during his tenure.
Mark is a passionate Finance executive.His drive for results is infectious; seeking new learning opportunities and willing to pass his knowledge to others by developing the future leaders of the company.Mark’s success is built by leveraging the strengths of others to develop strategies and tactics to accomplish company goals.
Mark enjoys sharing his experiences with children and actively participates in Junior Achievement.In addition, he volunteers at his children’s school, participates in annual toy drives and is an active board member of the Audio Information Network of Colorado (AINC).
Mark and his family live on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains in colorful Colorado.They enjoy biking, swimming, traveling and an occasional trip to the mountains.
Jun 2010 - Present
Director of Finance
- P&L ownership for a $400MM Market Unit including 2 production facilities and 13 satellite warehouses.
- Provided strategic and tactical leadership to Senior Team and functional leaders to achieve annual operating targets.
- Optimized rate architecture to mitigate commodity inflation; achieved 4% revenue growth and 1% margin growth.
- Led regional integration of three locations; aligned go-to-market strategy and cost structure into existing market unit.
- Responsible for career development of two Financial Analysts and multiple formal mentees.
Jan 2006 - Jan 2010
Senior Finance Manager
- P&L responsibility for a $186MM Market Unit including 2 production facilities and 8 satellite warehouses.
- Executed pricing strategies across a multi-segmented market resulting in 3% annual revenue-per-case growth.
- Led Market Unit to 4% Operating Profit growth each year during four-year tenure.
- Directed and managed Annual Operating Plan process for the Market Unit; developed financial targets and strategies consistent with national growth priorities.
- Fostered business literacy across all functional levels through coaching, disciplined forecasting processes and periodic financial reviews.
- Coached and mentored multiple Finance Interns; responsible for on-boarding and career development.
Jul 2004 - Dec 2005
Finance Manager, Cost Planning & Analysis
Pepsi Bottling Group
- Managed $1.5B cost budget for 62 satellite warehouses, 9 production facilities and regional Business Unit office.
- Reviewed strategic investments for $75MM capital budget with functional Directors and Vice Presidents ensuring projects maximized share holder value.
- Performed in-depth comparative ROI analysis for strategic capital planning and business development initiatives.
- Championed cost strategy objectives during Annual Operating Plan process; set annual targets for six Market Units consistent with national direction.
- Spearheaded the development and implementation of standardized revenue and cost forecasting tools/methodologies resulting in 95% forecast accuracy and improved financial results.
- Conducted P&L literacy workshops with Managers and reviewed decision-making implications on profit growth.
- Supervised one Senior Financial Analyst; coached and mentored four indirect employees.
Jan 2002 - Jul 2004
Pepsi Bottling Group
- Full P&L accountability for a $65MM Market Unit including 1 production facility and 3 satellite warehouses.
- Realized 3% revenue per case growth year-over-year through rate/mix management of product portfolio.
- Engaged Market Unit team in capital initiative resulting in $100M improvement in loss lines year-over-year.
- Led and managed Annual Operating Plan process for the Market Unit; developed financial targets and strategies consistent with national growth priorities.
- Analyzed operational performance and developed actionable recommendations to attain established targets; assigned special projects that addressed business needs and opportunities.
Jun 2000 - Dec 2002
Senior Financial Analyst
Pepsi Bottling Group
- Supported strategic operating initiatives by measuring performance/productivity metrics against financial plan for 5 production facilities and 41 satellite warehouses.
- Managed $45MM capital budget ensuring investments met company Internal Rate of Return.
- Researched business trends and developed tactical plans; made actionable recommendations to Senior Managers.
- Streamlined communication between Operations and Finance by aligning cost initiatives with financial objectives.
Jan 1997 - Jun 2000
Senior Business Analyst
Bombardier Aerospace - FlexJet
- Measured logistical impact of aircraft movement, flight crew utilization and customer demand patterns through statistical analysis; results drove immediate and short-term decisions by business managers.
- Identified trends, seasonality, and demand-supply relationships for daily and monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Managed junior analysts responsible for tracking aircraft movement and flight crew management.
- Key player responsible for analyzing and reporting the operational state-of-the-company to Senior Management.
Sep 1992 - Dec 1996
Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Managed comprehensive revenue and expense forecasting models and long-term capital requirements planning.
- Designed and managed multi-company financial reporting models (including international).
- Coordinated and managed special projects resulting in company-wide efficiencies.
- Identified strategic markets and assisted Senior Managers with developing profitable customer profiles.