- Irvine US-CA
- [email protected]
Principles based product/operations/technology leader; strategic planning, product development and execution in multi-channel content distribution (broadcast, online, mobile, print) media and entertainment companies; global internet infrastructure and operations delivery expert.
Led The Walt Disney Internet Group Technical Operations Shared Services Organization from internet startup to "Commercial Grade" provider fueling 3X audience growth and revenue from global product (Fantasy Games, Toontown ,a MMRPG, DisneyBroadband, ESPN Motion, DisneyStores, ), Mobile MVNO service, and commerce offerings from ESPN.com, Disney.com, ABCNEWS.com, ABC.com, Disneyworld.com, and DisneyStores.com.
Delivered Playboy’s integrated "Digital Content Factory" launching video download offering, affiliate model for audience growth on Playboy.com, and efficient content production/post-production/distribution services establishing a lead position in "New Media" consumption across multiple distribution channels (Print, DVD, Online, Broadcast, Mobile, and Location Based Entertainment).
Launched ESPN Motion infrastructure, a pioneer product, in ad supported rich media delivery.
Established global "Best in Class" customer contact center, network, and IT services infrastructure during hyper growth stage of Capital One Financial Corporation powering scale from 700 employees to 22,000 and 3 million account holders to 22 million across multiple continents
Re-negotiated network, application software, maintenance support agreements, standardized and consolidated datacenter hosting, virtualization, network, storage, and environmental footprint to slash bottom line IT costs by over 30%.Leveraged and implemented ITIL best practices framework, open source technologies, process re-engineering, program/project management methodologiesincreasing availability metrics to 99.99%while maintaining flat FTE counts.
Team Building and Collaboration-
Established global product development and support model for video download subscription business across engineering, product development, Q/A, technical operations, marketing, and finance in Japan, the UK, and the US.Maintained retention levels (less than 6%) through clear mission, matching right resources with right roles, progressive job families, succession planning, rewards/recognition programs, and cross training. Built communication triads (Business, Operations, IT) facilitating prioritization across 60 geographic locations and establishing program/project management methodologies improving on time delivery by 20%.
Mark creates and enables business growth through technology solutions aligned with a solid business strategy, organizational alignment and scalable efficient/effective business/processes.The end game is to build a sustainable business leaving a positive legacy from which future consumers and employees benefitSpecialties, CIO Chief Information Officer, CTO, Internet Services, ITIL Technology Management, , VP Infrastructure, Digital Operations, Digital Distribution, Media and Entertainment, Digital Supply Chain Management, B to C online products and services
Led SaaS file based workflow post production, editing, packaging, distribution, and content servicing P&L for clients including Sony Pictures Entertainment, Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., and Walt Disney Studios. Completed 800 Terabyte Infrastructure and workflow process design across encoding/transcoding/delivery platforms to facilitate library migration to HD content and movement of 150-200 gig ProRes Master files between production teams. Facilitated customer content launches for sell thru platforms Apple Germany, Apple France, Xbox, and other distribution channels including ATT Mobile and DirecTV.
Developed and led rich media product/technology strategy and support for the Online, Broadcast, Mobile, Publishing, DVD Distribution, and licensing business models including, content creation, content management, content distribution, billing systems architecture, business intelligence, and enterprise back office systems.
- Launched Internet delivered VOD subscription based product line with over 2000 titles and re-launchedPlayboy.com with Web 2.0 features with payback in 8 months.
- Established enterprise asset/content management system to capture and catalog over 50 yrs of image, text, and video content across the enterprise to enable ad supported lifestyle product offering, video subscription services, and affiliate traffic generation to Playboy.com
- Integrated two business acquisitions into the corporate infrastructure in 6 months.
- Established consolidated hosting strategy and enterprise bandwidth agreements realizing 30% reduction in infrastructure costs.
Enabled 5X revenue growth through the creation of a shared services organization supporting subscription based products, multi player gaming solutions, advertising business models, travel, and retail commerce for all Disney business verticals in the b to c on- line channel and Disney/ESPN Mobile MVNO services.
Captained the design, implementation, and support infrastructure delivering 30+ billion page views per year and 2000+ servers, storage systems, and network capability supporting the most traveled sites on the Internet ESPN.com, ABCNEWS.com, and Disney.com.
- Reduced operating costs by 20% through system/network contract renegotiations, and implementation of audit and control procedures for capital expenditures.
-Improved operational stability, reliability, and availability through the implementation of IT Service Management framework including best practices in change management, incident management, and configuration management achieving 80% first call incident resolution.
-Completed data center expansion efforts to accommodate 5 year growth projections of 100% increase in capacity for rich media products and content delivery for global product launches.
Directed design and implementation of all business plans with scalable, operational support strategy (customer care, provisioning, purchasing, sales, back office) for this start-up company, providing fully managed web hosting and managed security services. Acquired and managed major accounts through top-level presentations with CXO’s. Secured commitments for additional funding after debt-for-equity restructuring and reduction in monthly cash flow initiatives were completed.
-Achieved 100% on‑time delivery rating for customer solutions and 80% first-call resolution on all customer requests.
-Completed multi-phased approach to sales automation and service management business processes through implementation of Siebel’s Mid Market CRM suite resulting in end to end customer lifecycle tracking. Achieved service-level availability of 99.99% and reduced server build time from 2 days to an average of 6 hours.
Developed and implemented strategic plansand nationwide tactical support strategy with service-level management for all desktop applications, data and voice networks, call center infrastructure including ICR/VRU, inbound/outbound predictive dialing, and PBX/ACD. Managed a $26 million budget within 4% of plan across an internal customer base of 20,000 associates supporting over 22 million external customers.
-Established online financial services brand through account acquisition and servicing including a shopping portal, online auto loan approval, loyalty card, and coupons.
- Negotiated outsourcing arrangements with external development resources and infrastructure providers for shopping portal (www.capitaloneplace.com) achieving readiness for shopping season.
- Improved staff-to-desktop ratios by 50%, while reducing work order completion times by 20% and monthly trouble ticket to platform ratios by 23%through restructuring including the establishment of regional support teams, centralizing help desk functions, configuration standards (desktop and server build templates), and a quality assurance/metrics/audit function.
- Participated in IT charge-back modeling project selecting Network Operations as prototype group to bill back business unit customers.
- Established management principles through Sportsmind executive leadership development program, geared to provide a common language, linguistic behaviors, tools, and competencies to manage through day‑to‑day projects, conversations and problems.
- Co‑led an operational imperative to build a standardized project management office producing a formal process for approval, budgeting, and tracking of every project
- Achieved availability metrics of 99.99% through intelligent inbound/outbound predictive call routing infrastructure supporting over 110 million calls annually, reaching payback in 10 months andimproving right party contacts by over 25%.