Web designer & developer with experience with design and applications development using applications such as Adobe Dreamweaver, PhotoShop and Microsoft databases SQL server and Access. Content Management Systems such as Fatwire, ASP.net DotNetNuke, Wordpress and Adobe Contribute.
Sep 2008 - Present
- Update and maintain existing lombardi.georgetown.edu website. Migrate existing website into a new and updated web site design.
- Using Wordpress as a CMS, I created a theme based on our current site that allows faculty members to login and update their personal biographies.
Nov 2005 - Aug 2008
Web Application Technician
- Completely redesigned main website, created a standard Dynamic Web Template (.dwt) file for the central office and the 29 school websites.
- Provide continuous classroom and individual training / support for in-house webmasters.
- Program web-based software applications using ASP 3.0 and ASP.Net 2.0 (vb.net) with SQL Server and Access as backend databases.
Jul 2005 - Oct 2005
- Redesigned website using a non table based layout consisting of CSS / XHTML.
- Ensured website is section 508 / ADA (Americans with Disabilites) compliant
Mar 2004 - Oct 2005
Programmer / Analyst
- Managed two websites for the Social Security Administration that are section 508 / ADA compliant.
- Provided software testing in an Active Server Pages (ASP) intranet development project.
Mar 2001 - Jul 2003
- Performed all levels of web development, including scripting / CSS, graphic design, application design/ development, testing, content management, Apache server administration, and site traffic analysis.
- Managed organization’s technology needs; i.e. purchased, installed and updated computer equipment & software, maintained Local Area Network (LAN), troubleshoot hardware and software problems for both the PC and the Mac.
Jan 1992 - Aug 1995
As Web Application Technician for Cecil County Public Schools, I completely redesigned the Central Office website using a standard dynamic web template (.dwt).
This is one of my first table-less, CSS based sites. Also, the site adheres strictly to section 508 / American with Disabilities (ADA) standards.
This web site application is a planning guide for secondary students which uses clasic ASP / VBScript as the programming language and Microsoft Accesss as the back-end database. I recently I added a search engine to the guide so parents / students can quicly find courses.
As webmaster for The National Alliance for Hispanic Health for two years, I provided & administered the content, scripting, design, and backend database. This site uses Lasso as the middleware, Filemaker Pro as the backend database fed by a live XML news feed. The web site is hosted on a Apache webserver.
One of the first challenges when I started at Cecil County Public Schools was to provide a standard school web site template for the 29 different schools. The template needed to respect the different school's colors, logos and header but provide a consistent navigation and layout. I also, train and support the school's webmasters.