May 2008 - Present
M.A. Educational Technology and Instructional Design
Educational Technology Specialist, PreK-12
Physical Education, PreK-12
Social Studies, Grades 7-12
Aug 2006 - Present
Educational Technology Director
Coordinate educational technology services for school community. Provide technology integration, instructional design and professional development leadership to transform classroom instruction and support the district's strategic plan. Responsible for development and execution of the district's Technology Plan. Site coordinator for Maine's 1-to-1 laptop initiative (Grades 7-12). District Technology Committee chairperson. Member of School Leadership Team, Literacy Team, Staff Development committee, School Improvement committee, PLC Development team...
Jul 2009 - Present
Educational Technology Director
Coordinate educational technology initiatives and Professional Development for school staff. Plan, manage, assess the effective use of technology to enhance teaching and learning. Design and manage all high school website assets and development of district website. Chair of district Technology Committee. Member of high school Learning Area Leaders Team and CTC Team. Assistant varsity football coach.
May 2007 - Aug 2008
Director of operations and instruction. Hired to design and implement US Sailing curriculum and administer US Sailing Instructor certification training. Responsible for management of all day-to-day operations. Worked to deepen community support and local participation in program.
Aug 2004 - Aug 2006
Technology Integration Specialist
Coordinated K-12 technology integration programs for the district. Responsible for encouraging and supporting professional development related to the use of technology. Administrator of school websites, SIS and ITC technology systems for the district as well as providing basic technology support. School leader for Vermont's pilot Professional Learning Communities (PLC) initiative. Developmental leader for state-wide Professional Learning Network for Educational Technology Specialists (VTcite.org). Technical Director and development partner for the Global Challenge Award.
Jun 2001 - Aug 2004
Educational Technology Consultant
Co-founder of consulting and educational develop company; helping educational institutions explore the use of 3-D virtual learning environments to support distance education and collaborative learning environments for educators. Worked on projects with the Cornell Theory Center, Harvard Graduate School of Education, the University of California, the University of Houston, University of Nevada (Reno), Michigan State University, University of Indiana, NASA, and the England's City Learning Centres initiative, the Knowledge Web project.
Jun 2000 - Aug 2003
- Teacher (Multimedia Productions, Internet & Web Design, Government, History)
- District Website Administration (K-12)
- District Technology Committee, Chairperson
- Varsity Football and Volleyball, Head Coach
- Grant writing, school improvement team, Integrated Thematic Instruction (ITI), Comprehensive School Reform (CSR) team, professional development leader.
Aug 1999 - Jun 2000
- High School Teacher (Physical Education)
- Varsity Football, Defensive Coordinator
- Varsity Track, Head Coach
- Member of Curriculum Restructuring team
- Swimming Instructor, Red Cross Certification Program
Jan 1997 - Jul 1999
- Teacher K-12 (Social Studies, Physical Education, At-Risk)
- Varsity Football, Defensive Coordinator - Strength & Conditioning
- Varsity Track, Girls Head Coach
- Booster Club Coordinator
- North Central Accreditation Leader
Aug 1995 - Jan 1997
- Teacher K-12 (Physical Education, Social Studies)
- Varsity Football, Head Coach
- Junior Varsity Volleyball, Head Coach
- Varsity Track, Assistant Coach
- District Communication and Technology committee for accreditation