Project Manager for an Electronic Document Management System/Workflow reseller. Projects utilized Hyland OnBase EDMS/Workflow, Northwoods Compass Forms/Capture, and Kofax technologies.
- Managed projects with up to 25 team members for each project, 9 – 18 month timelines, and budgets totaling $4,600,000.
- Created corporate project management methodology based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) standards.
- Used Waterfall software development model for small projects and custom iterative model for large projects. Regularly used prototyping for most complex portions of the development. Project management phases included project initiation, project planning, project management execution, monitoring and controlling, and project closure. Software development phases included discover, define, design, develop, test, train, deploy, and support.
- Managed portfolios of electronic document management, workflow, and forms projects across various industries including healthcare, insurance, and government.
- Benefits to clients included improved efficiency, processing time, communication, collaboration, quality, training, compliance, auditing, and security.The resultant standardized business process significantly improved the ability to manage the business process, train new employees, and manage employees.
- Started Project Management Office (PMO) and developed project management methodology.
- Managed rollout of Microsoft Project Server 2007and was Project Server administrator.Customized document library and issues log in Project SharePoint site template.Worked with vendor to create Project Server billing report and scorecard report with unlimited billing rates.
- Created project plan templates and task activity plan checklists.
- Tracked and managed entire portfolio of projects.
Made the following improvements to the project management process groups:
- Initiating Process – defined and documented scope, project risks, assumptions, constraints, and project charter/statement of work.
- Streamlined business process by creating document templates for project initiation.
Planning Process – documented requirements, identified project team, defined roles and responsibilities, created work breakdown structure (project plan), and conducted project kickoff meetings. Created communication, financial, procurement, installation, implementation, training, quality, and control plans.
- Streamlined business process by creating document templates for planning process. Built Project Server project plan templates to create efficiencies for creation of project plan, time estimation for tasks, and assigning tasks to resources. Created activity checklists for tasks to structure business process across the enterprise. Created Project Server SharePoint library for each project so team members could share project documents.Installed Microsoft Groove to sync copies of SharePoint document library files to team member notebook computers to be used at client sites if internet access was not available.Project Server made it possible to forecast resource usage to assist in determining hiring needs.
- Executing Process – managed execution of project resource procurement/allocation, tasks, and approved changes.Executed communication, financial, procurement, installation, implementation, training, and quality plans.
- Set up Project Server to help manage forecasting of resources, timesheets, and billing. Project team members logged hours against project tasks for billing and monitoring purposes.
- Monitoring and Controlling Process – created and updated status reports, scorecard reports, budget reports, issues logs, and change orders.Monitored risks and implemented risk mitigation strategies where appropriate.
- Set up Project Server to monitor changes to project baseline (Gantt tracking charts) and view current usage of resources. Built custom Project Server SharePoint site template where project team logged issues and alerts were automatically sent to other teammembers for high priority issues.
- Closing Process – created and distributed final project reports.Obtained final acceptance for the project.Archived project documentation in Project Server SharePoint library.Identified, documented, and communicated lessons learned.
- Made appropriate changes to project management process based on lessons learned.