Components Business Supplier Quality Director
Responsible for the quality of $2.8Bn supplied material through a newly formed team comprising of five business units in the Components segment (Turbo Technologies, Emission Solutions, Filtration, Fuel Systems, Electronics). Primary responsibility for the leadership of a global team and the development of people, systems and processes to assure world class quality, supporting 37 manufacturing locations through a global supply base of 1730 suppliers.
- Development of a 'one components' mindset through the alignment of strategic goals, key performance indicators and organisation design.
- Played a lead role the corporate Supplier Quality Transformation leadership team, analysing organisational deficiencies and developing plans to address with focus on process, structure and capability across CMI.
- Responsibility for a direct team of 65 and a managed expense budget of $6.1M
- Delivered 15% savings in Managed Expense through streamlined organisation of the team while continuing to deliver a 50% reduction in defects to both Cummins plants and Customers.
- Developed a risk and disruption based approach to supplier management and development.
- Creation and development of analytic capabilities, consolidating data streams across manufacturing plants to develop useful insights and assure effective application of resources across the business.