RailsConf - Jun 2011
git and SVN
Ruby on Rails
2013 - Present
Founder and Technical Lead. Providing custom Web and iOS application design, development and support. We build custom applications tailored to the unique needs of individual businesses.
2012 - 2013
Director IT Business Applications
Responsible for managing the RPM Division Business Application Development Team. Providing development and support of the custom web applications used 24x7 by both staff and customers.
Specific Applications/Services include:
- Single Sign-on and Account Management
- License Registration Services
- SAAS Application Portal
1998 - 2012
AVP, Business Applications
OPNET Technologies, Inc
Responsible for managing the Business Application Development Team. The team of six developers and two DBAs is responsible for the development and support of the web applications at OPNET. These applications are used to support all aspects of the business and are used 24x7 by both OPNET staff and customers.
In 2006, I managed the transition of the OPENT development team from their legacy 4D development environment to the use of Ruby on Rails for all application development.
In addition to managing the overall development activities, I continue to be be actively involved in hands-on development of new applications as well as adding new features to existing apps. Some specific examples include:
- Designed and developing a Software as a service (SAAS) administrative application. Providing end-user account management, bill plan selection, user authentication, and administrative interface
- Designed and developed eCommerce site to allow users to perform evals and directly purchase products. Included interfaces for both the client and internal administration. Included REST interfaces to remote systems for integration with orders/invoices as well as licensing.
- Developed Account Manager Quadrant Report. Provides both the account manager and his director a graphical dashboard to better visualize how effectively they are communicating with potential new customers vs repeat customers.
1996 - 1998
Pelican Software, Inc.
Co-founder of Pelican Software, an independent Software Consultancy. Technical Lead for software development projects:
- Designed and developed a web application to manage user conference organization and online registration.
- Program Manager and lead developer for the Operation Management System, a commercial client server database application for managing video post production facilities.
- Lead developer for the MultiLinx engineering analysis application. (Awarded the 1997 NASA Space Act Award for innovative software)
1988 - 1996
Program Manager/Sr Developer
Provided Program Management and Software Development to the Department of Defense and NASA
- NASA - Paths Data System supporting Space Station Program
- NASA - Range Safety Database to Support the Eastern Test Range Range Safety Program Office
- GRC - Skills Database to track division wide technical staff skills and experience
- Ballistic Missile Defense Organization - Technology assessment database
1984 - 1988
- Program Manager, Air Defense Initiative Program (1986 - 1988)
- Technology Development Engineer, Tech. Planning Office (1984 - 1986)
1980 - 1984
Flight Test Engineer/Director
- Flight Test Engineer for the Full Scale Development of the joint USAF/USN Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM) System