PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE COMPANIES, INC
Control Associate 1997
Quality control through auditing of policy files, training staff, serving as liaison between computer programming company and department to assure all system changes adjusted properly
- Facilitated training classes for 16 insurance policy underwriters and processors enabling the underwriters to handle western states' commercial auto policies pursuant with the state and interstate regulations; secured effective job performance within three weeks.
- Expedited closure of unresolved computer system issues by successfully investigating origin of errors and by obtaining vendor support in this resolution.
- Coached staff quality improvement training program, which resulted in 40% decrease of underwriting errors discovered by state audits.
Lead Underwriter 1996 - 1997
Directed efforts of eight underwriting processors, managing incoming inventory and work flow, provided necessary training and facilitated meetings
- Encouraged staff to implement procedural changes; resulted in up to 20% increase in quality improvement while processing the same rate of policies.
- Forecast weekly inventory based on determined production equivalents and amount of inventory eliminating improper scheduling.
- Created alternatives to manage workload that accommodated reduced number of employees, while maintaining high level of service, met established standards.
Commercial Auto Underwriter 1993 - 1996
Personal Auto & Special Vehicle Underwriter 1989 - 1993