Throughout my years of study and experience in the workplace, I have gained many invaluable skills. These include:
- Teamwork: Worked in committees during high school, groups throughout university and with the team of checkout operators at Countdown. Enjoys sharing knowledge and encouraging development of others to achieve specific team goals.
- Communication and Customer Service: Award winning customer service skills. Deals with internal and external customers at all levels via telephone and face-to-face enquires. Working with various groups during my years at university, I have learnt how to effectively communicate and work along side different types of people, and in different situations.
- Leadership: As a check out supervisor, I have been in many situations which require me to guide operators, talk to disgruntled customers and the point of call for any alcohol or tobacco purchases. This is a great responsibility to have as I must respect customers, but enforce store policies surrounding any suspicious purchases. As head of my committee, I was in charge of bringing the team together, planning, promoting & executing events, and handling money.
- Literacy and Numeracy Skills: Completed the writing competency module, and achieved NCEA Level 1,2 and 3 in English and Maths.
- Problem Solving: I competed in Case Competitions within STMG391 as well as representing the University of Waikato which requires teams to find appropriate resolutions to the businesses needs. As an intern for KiwiNet, my portfolio was focused on discovering and solving inefficiencies within their CRM system and their Social Media accounts. Via my recommendations, KiwiNet now have more options on how to move forward.
- Computer and Technological Confidence: Completed a computer competency module, a Google Analytics course and SAP course. My internship with KiwiNet also focused on improving Social Media Management using Social Media Marketing and CRM systems.