Relay For Life Planning Committee
Sponsorship Chair and Activities Co-Chair
- Member of the planning committee that puts on Longwood’s annual all night Relay for Life event in the spring.
- Traveled around the community of Farmville to gain support, sponsors, and donations from local businesses for the event.
- Worked closely with the Chairs of Accounting and Publicity.
The Big Event Committee
Entertainment Chair and Job Site Supervisor
- Plan logistics for the day of the event; work with the Student Union, Conferences and Scheduling; book entertainment band, stage, and sound system; and work with the Dining Hall to coordinate catering.
- Report to Big Event Directors, perform assigned tasks, delegate responsibilities to committee members and attend weekly meetings.
Kappa Delta Sorority
VP Public Relations
- Responsible for spreading a positive image of the chapter on campus and within the student body.
- Began the planning process for a variety of public relation based events for the sorority to attend during the upcoming spring semester.
- Coordinated member attire to wear on campus and to class, sorority functions, and other campus events.
- Promoted and advertised all Kappa Delta sorority events and fundraisers on campus.
Public Relations Coordinator
- Planned a Springpalooza Children's Carnival event to benefit the Longwood Center for Communication, Literacy, and Learning.
Shenandoah Communication Audit Group
- Conducted a communication audit for Dinning Services on Longwood University's campus.
- Designed survey on survey-monkey using questions from Downs&Adrian textbook, plus team generated questions.
- Contacted campus participants and client leader about the survey.
- Analyzed and assessed the data provide by online survey.
- Presented strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats relating to client's organizational communication.