Aug 2009 - Present
May 2010 - Present
Assistant to Event Coordinator, Banquet/Wedding Server, and Bridal Assistant
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high stress, team environment.
- Used superior interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills to keep party host and guest satisfied for an enjoyable party experience.
- Assisted the party planner in selling, preparing and executing all country club events including weddings, golf outings, company banquets, and family functions.
May 2008 - Mar 2009
Gymnastics, Sports Skills, and Dance Instructor
- Organized, planned and coordinated weekly class activities and games.
- Held weekly meetings with the parents informing them of their children’s progress and upcoming announcements.
I am a current Junior at Longwood University seeking a degree in Communication Studies with a concentration in Organizational Communication and Public Relations. My Communication classes have facilitated opportunities for hands on experience with event planning and public relations through semester long group projects.
To obtain an internship that will utilize my superior interpersonal and organizational communications skills while also expanding my knowledge and experience in the communication field.
Relay For Life Planning Committee
Sponsorship Chair and Activities Co-Chair
- Member of the planning committee that puts on Longwood’s annual all night Relay for Life event in the spring.
- Traveled around the community of Farmville to gain support, sponsors, and donations from local businesses for the event.
- Worked closely with the Chairs of Accounting and Publicity.
The Big Event Committee
Entertainment Chair and Job Site Supervisor
- Plan logistics for the day of the event; work with the Student Union, Conferences and Scheduling; book entertainment band, stage, and sound system; and work with the Dining Hall to coordinate catering.
- Report to Big Event Directors, perform assigned tasks, delegate responsibilities to committee members and attend weekly meetings.
Kappa Delta Sorority
VP Public Relations
- Responsible for spreading a positive image of the chapter on campus and within the student body.
- Began the planning process for a variety of public relation based events for the sorority to attend during the upcoming spring semester.
- Coordinated member attire to wear on campus and to class, sorority functions, and other campus events.
- Promoted and advertised all Kappa Delta sorority events and fundraisers on campus.
Public Relations Coordinator
- Planned a Springpalooza Children's Carnival event to benefit the Longwood Center for Communication, Literacy, and Learning.
Shenandoah Communication Audit Group
- Conducted a communication audit for Dinning Services on Longwood University's campus.
- Designed survey on survey-monkey using questions from Downs&Adrian textbook, plus team generated questions.
- Contacted campus participants and client leader about the survey.
- Analyzed and assessed the data provide by online survey.
- Presented strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats relating to client's organizational communication.