Manager - Digital & Communications
Malta Tourism Authority (MTA)
Most of my time as an MTA employee was spent at the Ministry for Tourism, whilst fulfilling the same role
- Create and implement the Ministry's Social Media and content strategy (Ministry for Tourism Facebook Page). This also included the Minister's Social Media profiles.
- Give necessary training and guidance to all the entities which fall under the Ministry in their social media strategies. content plan and content material. Held regular meeting with all entities.
- Delegated tasks to my team in relation to: the implementation of the social media strategy, social media analytics, creation of content etc.
- Create online campaigns.
- Held regular meetings with the team for brainstorming purposes and to deal with any mishaps along the way.
- Coordinate all the Ministry for Tourism matters related to press notifications, interviews with media, press releases, newsletters, questions from the press, articles in the press, letters to the Editor, TV and radio programmes, the annual report, etc.
- Prepare speeches for the Minister, articles, introductions in publications, specialized briefs, etc;
- Help in organising the Ministry's press conferences, press notifications, maintain relationships with members of the media and press, organise trips overseas with media members, preparing press packs for all occasions, etc.
- Coordinate the acquisition of photography and film footage for the Ministry by the various bloggers and journalists visiting the Maltese Islands.
- Build relationships with foreign press, journalists and bloggers.
- Manage the printing function, incorporating all the annual printing needs of the Ministry.
- Coordinate designs for all the Ministry for Tourism needs through freelance designers and agencies for local advertising some overseas advertising classified ads, events posters and materials. This also includes online campaigns
- Manage the local advertising function including taking out space and airtime in local publications aimed at tourists, the local population at large, all-Malta mail shot publications, TV programmes promoting events and tourism awareness, etc;