British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
Extensive experience working with research cohorts including people living with HIV and Hepatitis C, women sex workers in Metro-Vancouver and northern Uganda, street entrenched youth, and people who use illicit drugs in Metro-Vancouver.
1. Research Associate
Gender and Sexual Health Initiative (Oct 2014- Present)
- Data analysis, publishing and presenting research and development of qualitative interview guides for community based research exploring the lived experiences of women living with HIV in Metro-Vancouver, and sex workers in northern Uganda. Current research examines impact of provincial incarceration on HIV care outcomes for women.
2. Research Coordinator
Hepatitis C Treatment Program Prospective Cohort Study
(Aug 2016- February 2018)
- Coordination of a research study for 200+ individuals being treated for Hepatitis C within three Vancouver community clinics. Collecting and maintaining data and liaising with physicians and healthcare providers to ensure quality research.
3. Clinical Research Associate/ Study Site Coordinator
Incentives Study (May 2016- Present)
- Recruitment, outreach and primary data collection for a research study investigating the impact of novel strategies to aid with the adherence of HIV medications for 100+ individuals living with HIV who are also using drugs.
- Liaising and relationship building with 60 + community and health care organizations in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside.
4. Research Interviewer
BC Centre for Substance Use - VIDUS/ACCESS/ARYS
(Oct 2013-Oct 2016)
- Interviewing study participants for a longitudinal research project exploring the lived experiences of +4000 persons with a history of drug use, persons living with HIV and street entrenched youth in Metro-Vancouver.