Systems Analyst / Administrator
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
Member of the emergency department's administration staff, developing, supporting and maintaining systems, applications and end users.
- Led a multi-functional task force to implement the Vocera communication system in the Emergency Department. This included technology staff, clinical and non-clinical staff, outside vendors.
- Orchestrated the development of ancillary systems/processes related to the Vocera communication system. Included a web-based registration site for staff members to signup for training. As well as a device management system that tracked inventory of devices with existing employee id databases.
- Set and met goal of 75% voice command recognition rate for the Vocera Communication system through work with the data communications and network systems teams.
- Conducted regular training classes for both clinical and non-clinical staff for the use of the Vocera communication device. Classes sizes ranged from 1 - 15 students.
- Coordinated a multi-functional group to implement the the GE Aware Gateway patient monitoring interface connecting the Picis ED Pulsecheck, the emergency department's information system (EDIS), with the bedside patient vital signs monitoring system providing current patient vital signs to the EDIS without the need for staff intervention.
- Conducted training class for the use of the Tangier Physicians Scheduling application.
- Developed and maintained reference webpages for emergency department staff linking them to important policies, procedures, protocols and other clinical reference material.
- Provided end user support for Picis ED Pulsecheck, the emergency department information system (EDIS), as well as with the maintenance, troubleshooting and improvements to the system.
- Provide primary response and intervention for end user computer issues, both hardware and software.