I'm the Marketing Operations Manager at eMusic, a digital music company in New York City that serves a highly-engaged niche of avid music collectors and independent-minded listeners. As Operations Manager, I oversee major projects and initiatives for our brand, acquisition, and retention marketing efforts. Some weeks, that means I manage a large brand campaign across multiple forms of media. At other times, I may oversee the promotional rollout of a major site feature or redesign. I also manage eMusic's growing festival and live events strategy, handling all of the related digital campaigns and promotions, coordinating event sponsorships and partners, and organizing all eMusic-produced events and member meetups. Overall, I wear many different hats at eMusic and I've been successful because I'm adaptable and able to make connections, identify inefficiencies, and get the right people to communicate effectively. In the industry realm, I'm generally interested in exploring and developing the unique space where music fanaticism and e-commerce meet. I'm also a blogger, a live music fanatic, a budding concert photographer, and a decent musician (bass/guitar).Goals: Developing innovative marketing campaigns and strategies for digital music, live music and ecommerce; improving my abilities in project management and data analytics; and expanding my business development experience in digital and social media.
May 2010 - Present
Marketing Operations Manager
• Operations manager for small marketing department at digital music service where I manage major projects and initiatives for our brand, acquisitions, and retention marketing efforts.
• Managed promotional rollout for the launch of our first mobile app and our largest site redesign since 2006.
• Co-managing $600k+ holiday brand campaign, including full video and photo production for print, digital and interactive channels.
• Overseeing major revision to all of eMusic's registration pathways for new member acquisitions.
• Manage eMusic's growing festival and live events strategy, including online campaigns, event sponsorships, and the company's own curated live events and member meetups.
• To-date, I've handled festivals sponsorships for the Pitchfork Music Festival (2010-2011), NYC SummerStage (2010-2011), the ACL festival webcast (2010), and venue sponsorships at Brooklyn Bowl and Le Poisson Rouge in New York.
• Directed two successful NYC Member Meetups and eMusic's 2011 SXSW Day Party, managing venue, catering, production staff, video production, online promotional efforts, and sourcing/design of branded products.
• Supervise eMusic's Marketing Coordinator, overseeing workload, task management, and annual goals and reviews.
Nov 2006 - Present
• Create and edit original content for website dedicated to live music and the concert industry, including news updates, reviews, original photos/videos, podcasts and columns.
• Helped drive audience up to a monthly average of 100,000 unique visitors and more than 13,700 Twitter followers.
• Co-manage staff of contributors, editing features, coordinating press passes and guiding content decisions.
• Create monthly podcasts to feature specific bands and musical themes using digital audio software.
• My writings: http://www.livemusicblog.com/author/whitperson.