Manager - Creative/Marketing
Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
- Manage the day to day activities of the promotion Department, ensuring efficient workflow, setting priorities, delegating work, performance appraisals and interviews.
- Manage promotion campaigns for over 300 books and journals annually.
- Internal aspects include: prioritizing titles, time sensitivity to market demands and mailing list.
- External aspects include: mail houses, postal regulations, printer relations including print estimates, vender bidding and preparing files for press.
- Manage copywriters, copy editors, graphic designers and ad coordinators to ensure high quality promotions. Approve copy, content and direction of advertising efforts and direct mail materials.
- Research and select internal and commercial mailing lists; track promotion results; evaluate response rates and cost effectiveness. Investigate alternative forms of marketing including web promotions, email campaigns, and commercial search engine optimization.
- Oversee all aspects of corporate advertising in professional/academic publications, conference programs and internal corporate publications.
- Spearhead interdepartmental communication. Build relationships with editorial and book production departments.
- Work with corporate database management system to maintain and improve project management and implementation.
- Approve supplier/vendor selection and all invoices for payment; prepare annual budget for senior management approval and monitor/control expenditures.