Plant Manager or similar position in mechanical or eletronic industry.
Mechanical Engineer with 10 years of experience in the automotive industry and 4 years of experience in management positions in areas such as Quality, Production, Engineer, Continuous improvement and supply chain. Large experience and knowledge in manufacturing operations management with focus on cost reduction, process optimization and quality excellence.
Aug 2011 - Present
Engineer and Quality Manager
- In charge of all quality and engineer departments with 65 engineers and technicians.
- Restructure of both departaments based on short and medium terms strategy in order to gain efficiency and drive the team toward the results. It was also created a continuous improvement department.
- Development of cost reduction projects (quality and engineer) using Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and VA / VE resulting in more than US$ 4 millions of savings implemented in 2011.
- More than US$ 3 millions in projects on going for next year.
Nov 2009 - Aug 2011
Production and Quality Manager
- In charge of three JIT seat lines and one line of panel and headrest. More than 300 employees in these operations.
- In charge of plant investment plan, maintenance budget and bussiness profitability.
- Implemented a large labor cost reduction project based on labor management improvements and lean concepts resulting in more than US$400.000 yearly of labor cost reduction.
- 13% increase in productivity indicator of the plant that was classified as one of the most productivity in the region (global raking).
Mar 2008 - Nov 2009
Supplier Quality Engineer Supervisor
- In charge of management and strategy of stamping commodity
- 1 year job of suppiers development work resulting in huge decrease of quality complains and PPM.
- Development and implementation of suppliers cost reduction iniciatives based on cost breakdown analyze, engineer value add analyze and cost audtis resulting in more than U$200.000 of projects implemented in 2009
Jan 2007 - Mar 2008
Supplier Quality Engineer
- APQP Management in Powertrain suppliers
- Quality Assessments for new and current suppliers
- Cost reduction project
Mar 2004 - Aug 2005
Cummins Engine Company
- Development of Six Sigma projects
- In charge of automotive customers support for quality issues.