Vice President, Marketing, Latin America & Caribbean Region
Headed a $62M marketing budget and 25-member team, overseeing design and execution of regional marketing strategic plan, leveraging global assets with country teams, and executed acquisition, activation and retention campaigns; managed and negotiated the largest global sports sponsorships (FIFA WC Soccer, WC Qualifiers – CONMEBOL/CONCACAF, Copa America, Copa Libertadores, Major League Baseball International, Jordan Grand Prix F1 Racing, and PGA Golf Tour) and crafted the brand building platforms and media plans for award winning “Priceless” campaigns; supervised regional advertising and promotional agencies, 7 country marketing offices and local agencies, organized bi-annual creative team retreats to develop advertising campaigns and leverage sponsorship assets; served on Global Marketing Task Force and chaired regional Business Development Advisory Council, sharing best practices and knowledge transfer among global/regional/country leaders.
- Generated 14% annual revenue growth, total annual revenue of $60B through card activation and usage, and built “in-house” ROI metric tools to increase regional market share by 4%.
- Delivered 35:1 ratio of media impressions valued at $760M and 5:1 ratio of sponsorship financial investment spending with B2B partners, translated into $110M in marketing funding.
- MasterCard Global Sales Champion (2001); Festival Iberoamericano de Promociones y Eventos (2001) -- Gold Medal - Best Sports Sponsorship - MasterCard Executive Golf Tour; Gold Medal - Best Promotion (Financial Services) - MasterSummer Chile; Silver Addy - “Priceless” Campaign - Central America, Caribbean & Florida (2000); Best National Promotion (Financial Services) - Brazil (1999); MasterCard Sales Champion - Mexico Strategic Alliance Program (1997); MasterCard President’s Award - Brazil Implementation Team (1996)
- Directed the strategic alliances and promotional campaigns: MasterSummer, MasterWinter, and Destinos MasterCard, led to double digit growth in merchant acquisition and cardholder growth in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico.
- Launched extranet site, MasterMarketingLink for franchisee/partners, provided turnkey online direct marketing tools and campaign concepts, and saved $220K in annual production expenses.
- Doubled agency staff from 3 to 6 while maintaining agency costs flat over 4-year period.