Highly skilled technology manager with extensive experience guiding the development of complex enterprise systems and programs. Expertise across the full breadth of the software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering through analysis, development, test, and implementation. In-depth experience in government contracting. Motivational leader and builder of high-performing teams of technical professionals. Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship management skills, with the demonstrated ability to present complex information to audiences of varying degrees of technical sophistication. Experienced in business and proposal development.
- Mixture of government contractor and internet start up experience that provides unique insight into risks and advantages of various development processes and their implementation.
- Proficient in all phases of the project management life cycle, process groups, and knowledge areas. Advanced knowledge and interest in planning, scope, and communications management
- Fundamental ability to manage multiple projects concurrently within dynamic and matrixed or projectized environments of rapidly changing business and client priorities
- Accomplished leadership experience in process and quality planning and improvement, including industry recognized CMMI process implementation
- Extensive experience managing large, long-term, and complex development projects with budgets up to $5M and schedule length beyond 12 months
- Proficient in enterprise program management tools including eProject, UNANet and Microsoft Project Professional
- Technical leader with proven front and back-end development skills as well as expertise in user interface design, accessibility, information architecture and content management.
- Social media savvy and an active participant in the MD/VA/DC tech community.Builder of online communities mainly revolving around digital photography and leader/organizer of Photowalk DC, a Facebook group with 170 members that meets monthly.