Manager of production and and assembly
- Supervisor of complete CNC machine shop and assembly of parts. (CNC Mill/Lathes, ID/OD Grinders, EDM Sinker, Hone, Heat treating)
- Create and maintain a build schedule that lists all fabrication and assembly tasks. Ensure that all parts are fabricated or purchased at the correct time to meet assembly schedules.
- Work with design engineers and external vendors to make parts that are designed for manufacturability and built on schedule.
- Resolve and analyze manufacturing discrepancies and interface with QC.
- Develop production procedures/processes and manage the transition of parts and assemblies from development to production.
- Run process improvement projects to continuously improve production processes on the shop floor.
- Set up and operate a variety of manual and CNC machine tools to produce or modify precision parts.
- Utilize Mastercam software for generation of machine programming from solid models and drawings.
- Use PDM system for control of documents
- MRP software for part routers.
- Root cause analysis
- GD&T tolerances..
- ISO geometrical tolerancing.
- Many exotic materials (inconel, Ultimet, Nitronic 60, Titanium, Invar)