Manufacturing Operations Manager at Polar Group Companies, Superenvases plant (Can/End Plant)
- Venezuela, VE La Victoria - Aragua
- [email protected] Phone: +58 412 443 1885
PRODUCTION – MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL
A self-motivated analytical professional who provides critical vision and intellectual insight to deliver objectives, decisions and clear action plans. A proven record in continuous process improvement, Quality assurance management, manufacturing process operation, service and maintenance management, with emphasis in cost savings, productivity and quality in high production industry. KPI control management.
For the last 19 years my working experience is in a Manufacturing Plant belonging to Empresas Polar Group, the largest private industrial group in Venezuela, is a can/lids manufacturing facility with the latest production technology, highlighting the technological relationship with market leaders worldwide and promoting the best possible practices to fulfill organizational goals.
Technical support in the Packaging manufacturing plants regarding ISO standards. Executed advanced troubleshooting and problem analysis on the production lines. Certificated the 3 packaging plants for ISO 14000 and joined the Quality System (ISO 9000). Discover new business opportunities with the customer and the manufacturing process. Developed down gauging in aluminum stocks to improve cost and keep up the high quality on products. Develop a GMP program in 3 manufacturing plants.
* Production Superintendent, Polar Group CA Superenvases Plant, Venezuela 2000-2006
Coordinate activities for the Manufacturing Process department. Manage the maintenance schedules including annual budget and cost control using SAP R3 system. Coordinate vendor activities and relations with suppliers. Lead the benchmark process with a Technical partner in USA. Maintained support to the production people in order to control and improve plant output, efficiency, reduce spoilage and defects. Manage the consumption of direct and indirect materials. Coordinate activities and relations with the Union workers and management. Coordinate maintenance planning. Down gauging project for can 12 oc. from 11.2 to 10.8 and 10 oc. From 11.6 to 11.2, without special investment
* Technical Process Superintendent, Polar Group CA Superenvases Plant, Venezuela 1999-2000
Coordinate the operation and maintenance of services equipment systems. Developed control systems to manage the technical process in plant (SOP’s, indexes, formats, control graphics). Developed plans to reduce costs and use of spares in preventive maintenance, Developed minors engineering projects on productions lines.
* Tooling Superintendent, Polar Group CA Superenvases Plant, Venezuela 1996-1999
Developed maintenance procedures for refurnished spares, SOP and assembly list of the tooling used for the manufacture of aluminum drinks containers. Developed and implemented KPI’s for control and monitoring manufacturing of aluminum can and ends (productivity, tooling uses, down times, performance, spoilage, direct materials). Attended training process with DRT Manufacturing Co. and Reynolds Co. in Can and End manufacturing process.
Plant/Production/Service activities, continuous improvement in process, management
● Cost-time management ● Lean Manufacturing approach ● Control and cost reduction ● Lean Thinking ● Good Practices in packaging manufacturing ● Relational Coaching ● Internal Quality Auditor ISO 9000.2000 ● Coaching and Leadership ● French/English ● Spoilage Control ● Safety System ● Supervision Excellence ● Excellence in Manufacturing and Services ● Statistics Process Control ● MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project) ● Process to Improve the Quality ● CNC Tooling ● ISO standards ● Leadership as an Influence by Ken Blanchard, and more than 40 short additional training
• Spanish, French and English
Phone: +58 412 443 1885