Network & Security Engineer
- Maintain and develop the reliability and availability of the network connectivity and ensure the 24/7 network operations.
- Planning, designing and implementing network expansion and additional remote sites.
- Responsible for core/backbone network of the university, including Network and Security, Data Center, WAN, Server Farms, DMZs, and Campus LAN.
- Using BGP & EIGRP Routing protocol & Monitoring OC3 Connection and Internet Connectivity.
- Configuring VLANs, Trunks, NAT, PAT, ACL,
- Installation, Configuration and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors and IDS Module.
- Implements & maintains WAN Networks with DMVPN GRE Tunneling Technology with Cisco 3845 ISR Routers and Cisco Any Connect VPN & SSL-VPN with Cisco ASA 5540 Firewall.
- Responsible for managing and troubleshooting Internet Router, Core Switch, DMZ & Internet Switch.
- Responsible for entire network security, managing and troubleshooting Cisco ASA 5540 Firewall with Multiple Context enabled & SSM-20 IDS Sensor / FWSM-2 for 6509 Core Switch with VSS enabled.
- Managing and Maintaining Cisco Equipments, 2 3845 ISR Router for Internet and WAN Network, 13 2811 ISR Routers for Remotes Sites, 2 ASA 5540 Firewalls, 2 6509 Cisco Switch for Data Center, and Several 3560 and 3750 Cisco Switches for different Buildings, Layer 2 HP Procurve Switches, and Main Building Trunk Connections.
- Responsible and managing Riverbed WAN Accelerator for remote sites traffic optimization.
- Generating daily and weekly reports for all network equipment, like IPS, IDS, WAN and Internet traffic.