- Routers – High level design & implementation experience with Cisco 2600s, 800s, 1800s, 2800s, 3800s, ASR 1002.
- Switches – Advanced Data Centre Implementations and management of Cisco 6509, 4948-10GE & 45xx. Layer 3 and layer 2 switches like 37xxs, 35xxs, 29xx, HP Procurve 5304XL & 26xx
- Security Devices – Implementation of Multiple Context, Acive/Active and Active/Standby failover and Cisco Any Connect and SSL VPN using Cisco ASA 5520, ASA 5540. Managing and Troubleshooting ASA AIP-SSM Module, 6509 IDS Module & Firewall Module, Cisco IPS 4260 Series.
- Load Balancing – Hands on experience with Cisco ACE 4710 Series with Active/Active Failover.
- Operating Systems/Servers – IOS, Windows Server 2003/2008 (DNS, DHCP, IIS, WSUS, AD, WINS, FTP and ISA Server 2006), Windows 7, Vista, XP & 2000.
- Wireless - Hands on experience with Cisco Aironet 1200 series, 802.11b, 802.11g, D-link, Linksys, USRobotics, Speed Touch, Belkin & Redline Communication.
- Routing – Detailed knowledge with hands one experience of all relevant protocols and the underlying principles of Internetworking/IP solutions including RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP & static routing.
- Switching – Configuring VLAN, Ether-channel, VTP, STP, Broadcast Control.
- Security – Implementing Port Security, ACL, NAT/PAT & CBAC.
- Redundancy & Services - QoS Policies, Failover, Redundancy (HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, VSS), SLA.
- VPN – IPSec – Point-to-Point, SSL VPN, Clientless WebVPN, Any Connect, DMVPN, GRE Tunneling & Basic MPLS,
- Monitoring and Access - SNMP, Syslog, NTP, FTP, ASDM, IDM, Telnet, SSH, Wireshark, Orion Solarwind, Packet Sniffer & IPSwitch.
- Carrier Services – T1/E1, T3/E3, OC-3, Frame-relay, ATM & DSL.
Looking forward for a challenging and high potential career opportunity in a fast growing I.T. Company where I can fully utilize my expertise & knowledge acquired from my experiences. Expose myself in my interest in the System, Network and Security field as well as contribute further to the mission-vision of the organization
Aug 2009 - Present
Network & Security Engineer
- Maintain and develop the reliability and availability of the network connectivity and ensure the 24/7 network operations.
- Planning, designing and implementing network expansion and additional remote sites.
- Responsible for core/backbone network of the university, including Network and Security, Data Center, WAN, Server Farms, DMZs, and Campus LAN.
- Using BGP & EIGRP Routing protocol & Monitoring OC3 Connection and Internet Connectivity.
- Configuring VLANs, Trunks, NAT, PAT, ACL,
- Installation, Configuration and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors and IDS Module.
- Implements & maintains WAN Networks with DMVPN GRE Tunneling Technology with Cisco 3845 ISR Routers and Cisco Any Connect VPN & SSL-VPN with Cisco ASA 5540 Firewall.
- Responsible for managing and troubleshooting Internet Router, Core Switch, DMZ & Internet Switch.
- Responsible for entire network security, managing and troubleshooting Cisco ASA 5540 Firewall with Multiple Context enabled & SSM-20 IDS Sensor / FWSM-2 for 6509 Core Switch with VSS enabled.
- Managing and Maintaining Cisco Equipments, 2 3845 ISR Router for Internet and WAN Network, 13 2811 ISR Routers for Remotes Sites, 2 ASA 5540 Firewalls, 2 6509 Cisco Switch for Data Center, and Several 3560 and 3750 Cisco Switches for different Buildings, Layer 2 HP Procurve Switches, and Main Building Trunk Connections.
- Responsible and managing Riverbed WAN Accelerator for remote sites traffic optimization.
- Generating daily and weekly reports for all network equipment, like IPS, IDS, WAN and Internet traffic.
Jun 2008 - Jul 2009
- Responsible for planning, designing and implementing network infrastructure and expansion.
- Responsible for WAN/LAN connections.
- Configuring 2 ISP connections and distributing traffics accordingly using 2800 Series Cisco router.
- Managing Cisco 35xx switches, 28xx Router and 55xx Firewalls.
- Managing and configuring access-list, route-map, NAT/PAT and routing.
- Configuring VLANs, monitor session & broadcast storm.
- Configuring gateways and Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
- Managing & maintaining ASA 5510 Cisco Firewall, configuring ACL’s using both IOS and ASDM.
- Backing-up IOS Image, configuration settings and restoration process.
- Installation, configuration and managing Corporate Symantec Antivirus Version 10.1 Server.
- Implementation and configuration of FTP Server. (user privileges and folder access)
- Installing and configuring Router’s Traffic Grapher (PRTG V3.25 & V7) and Packet Sniffer.
- Implementing DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, IIS & WSUS Server.
- Installation, configuration and maintaining iMail Server 10.0. (POP3 & OWA)
- Managing and Maintaining WLAN using Redline Communication.
- Monitoring, maintaining & troubleshooting the entire network operation.
- Responsible for Hardware and Software updates.
- Managing and maintaining PABX System.
Feb 2003 - Apr 2008
- Configuring Wireless Access Point and Router Modem. (LinkSys, USRobotics, SpeedTouch, etc..)
- Cloning System Files using Symantec Norton Ghost.
- Installing and configuring local, network and wireless printer.
- Managing and giving right permission for the user from the shared public folders of the data server.
- Installing and updating hardware drivers.
- Installation of Oracle 6i and all patches.
- Configuring Citrix for client & VNP connection.
- Installing different computer software and file/printer sharing.
- Managing, setting-up user account and e-mail configuration and connectivity.
- Implementing, Managing and Troubleshooting Network Protocols and Services.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting the Desktop Environment.
- Managing and Implementing File and Printer Security.