2008 - Present
Head - Operations, SPQ, Commercials and Career Services
- Currently involved in implementing operational controls for efficient operation under SAP environment.
- Recognized for implementing and executing the SPQ (Sales Process Quality) across all the verticals of the company.
- Developed the reporting structure and models on PAN India basis to identify costs per unit and determine baseline for action.
- Improved the business processes, documentation of finance, accounts and operations as per the company standards under the project “Navrang”.
- Streamlined Business Order Management & MIS System (TOMS-Finance, TOMS-Recovery and Legal) and related processes.
- Structured and executed the operational processes like order booking, billing, service activation/deactivation, and collections across all verticals within linear format while fixing the TAT of 2 days to ensure smooth and timely operations.
- Developed and executed system design (CRM) and processes related to service provisioning and delivery.
- Key role played in setting up training calendar, schedules and modules along with the training man-days.
- Developed a training program (Learning curve) on internal control, operational risk management for finance and operations team member.
- Develop a standard process for evaluation of the impact of an operation’s potential query and the consequent communication of result. Oversee the entire gamut of operational activities including compliance & legal, implementing accounting, sales & credit policies and internal control procedures. Support company values and product opportunities.
- Define company’s product position in the market and understand market environment in which the product competes in terms of benefits and features that can be used for future product or services.
- Develop sales through a team of training & development managers. Maintain the understanding and awareness of the customers on a particular product and recommend future modifications and addition of features to a new product.
- Ensure consistent, accurate and professional customer service with projected company policies and image. Provide fast and efficient response to business needs with the highest achievable result at the lowest cost to the company.
- Oversee commercial aspects like stationary, order forms, computers and peripherals
2006 - 2008
Cluster Head – North & Training Manager
- Partnered in the roll out of key training programs critical to the bank and business requirements. Coordinated with the Line Managers, MIS & Analytics in the region to increase the effectiveness of training in the region.
- Pivotal in increasing insurance sales by 109% through imparting effective sales & product training to Sales professionals.
- Trained instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Reviewed and evaluated training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with IRDA standards.
- Prepared training budget and schedules for department or organization. Ensured a disciplined training delivery as per the monthly plan in coordination with the Training Managers, HR and Business Managers.
- Maintained and reported comprehensive Regional Training MIS to the Head Sales Academy within the given TAT in line with the MIS & Analytics, Sales Academy and the Head, Sales Academy. Highlighted the emerging trends and raise issues, if any.
- Carried out various activities like hand-holding, field observations, ongoing and continuous measurement of implementation and workplace application of training outcomes. Assisted the HR Team in putting in place processes for training nominations. Achieved the budgeted training man-days.
Sep 2005 - Jul 2006
INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF INSURANCE & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT PVT LTD
- Involved in customizing the Process of Indianizing the American College text-books on Taxation Laws and Insurance Industry by extensively researching the subjects, interviewing specialists and collaborating the upgraded and customized information into the Indian supplement.
- Guided participants/ students on soft skills (what to say, how to say and when to say) by providing thorough, comprehensive, and multidimensional learning experience
May 2004 - Aug 2005
Manager, Sales, Training & Development
- Managed a team of 250 Agent Advisors. Screened & developed candidates for the enrollment as full time Agent & Advisors.
- Provided training to the Licensed Agents on Prospecting & Selling Techniques at the Basic Career School.
- Conducted role plays / Sales clinics on Objection handling, sales presentation and Closing with key focus on their daily activities at the Intermediate Career School.
- Assisted the Trainer in conducting IC-33 Classes (compulsory 100 hrs. pre licensing training) at Fundamental Career School.
- Implemented comprehensive induction programs for all new advisors.
Jul 2003 - Apr 2004
- Updated processes related to the policy to ensure excellent delivery of services. Set budget & achieved targets.
- Oversaw claims management & reporting process. Reviewed insurance invoices & investigated inconsistencies in the policy.
- Innovated and executed ‘Train the Trainer’ Program to provide training and motivating new Insurance Advisors while evaluating the performance of existing advisors.
Feb 2000 - Jun 2003
Corporate Relationship Manager, North India
THE PEARL GROUP
- Entrusted with the responsibility of augmenting foreign exchange business for the company through its networking branches to initiate the company’s strategy to export foreign currencies during September 2001 to January 2002.
- Acted as a Head of the Foreign Exchange Division of Chandigarh with an additional responsibility of managing the Travel Department (Ticketing & Tours Division) during August 2000 to 2001.
- Key role played in introducing Pearl Financial Services as a separate entity in foreign exchange and creating business opportunities by establishing business relationships with the Travel Agents and Corporate Sector across Connaught Place areas
Jan 1995 - Jan 2000
Senior Executive - Forex Operations, North
LKP MERCHANT FINANCING LTD
Post Graduate Diploma
National Institute of Sales
Jan 2010 - Present
Jan 2010 - Jan 2013