Consultant and Trainer
Alan Lambert/WLRandA Ltd, Llundudno, UK
Providing training services in the MASTERCLASS ON NRW MANAGEMENT IN SYSTEMS WITH ROOF STORAGE TANKS which provides training in the latest IWA approaches to NRW management for senior personnel of Aguas de Saltillo, a Mexican Utility. http://leakssuite.com/
- Water Balance to assess NRW and NRW components.
- Assessing and managing unauthorised consumption.
- Customer metering issues: selection, installation.
- Causes of systematic under-recording: ball valve tails, low flow wear and tear due to air, eventual stoppage due to burning out of bearings.
- Meter testing to assess under-registration.
- Use and benefit of Unmeasured flow reducers (UFRs) Potential for over-recording due to airflow through the meters (intermittent supply).
- Influence of pressure management on leak flow rates, burst frequency and consumption. Pumped and gravity systems. Locations of critical point(s) within Zones.
- Assessing average zone pressure AZP and Night Day Factor.
- Assessment of Real/physical losses based on night flow measurements – night consumption, night leakage rate, Snapshot ILI, influence of Night-Day Factor.
- Adverse influences of intermittent supply: enhanced repair frequencies, difficulty of ALC, damage to infrastructure, meter over reading potential due to high velocities from compressed air.
- Documenting and analysing repair frequencies, on mains, and service connections.