Director of Application Development
National Oilwell Varco
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications.
- Lead, mentor, and direct managers and team members (consisting of over 20 professionals).
- Set goals and objectives for all technology aspects of the organization that align with and complement corporate objectives.
- Work with the Executive Team on the priority and approval in the selection of vendors/consultants.
- Provide top management in multiple states and locations with technical information and recommendations on information technology and communicates IT efforts, plans, projects, metrics, and strategy throughout the company and up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Responsible for department budget and ability to continually implement cost effective strategies for company- wide savings in relation to IT.
- Negotiate and partner with large vendors to minimize cost and maximize position through agreements.
- Develop, implement, and manage business practices, procedures, policies, metrics and personnel for all technology aspects of the company.
- Stay abreast and advises executive staff of innovations in new business practices and technology that may impact users.
- Lead ad hoc company IT projects as required.
- Report and receive direction from Vice President of Enterprise Systems
- Managing multiple business units for IT solutions
- Approves project plan and deliverables
- Manage, review and prioritize the project work plans with objective to stay on time and on budget
- Provide status and progress reviews to VP of Enterprise Systems and Steering Committee
- Report status to and receive feedback from Steering Committee
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures.
- Manage and supervise managers
- Manage project resources
- Design and implement Application Development infrastructure (Development, Test and Production)
- Implement Development code repository (Team Foundation Server)
- Created coding standard documentations
- Created reporting processes
- Develop documentation for ROI and project approval process
- Propose and establish Development Team
- Manage and lead numerous projects (internal and external websites).
- Develop and Manage team of developers spread globally; Edmonton, Stonehouse, Singapore & Canada.
- Responsible of managing over 35+ projects (Design, Develop, Implementation and Support)
- Ranging from Operations (ERP), Engineering, Manufacturing & Sales and Marketing
- Develop a reporting process for upper management (VPs – Stakeholder)
- Designed and developed a task management system
- Implemented better communication process for everyone within org chart
- Visibility to everyone’s concerns and achievements