In 1993 I joined Jordanian Armed Forces as Armor Lieutenant and served in several locations until I was promoted to be LT Colonel.
Appointment / position held during the period of 1993 to 2013:
a. Commander of Weapons and infantry training Branch/Military Eastern Zone Training School 2013
- Supervision of basic and advanced training for officers and individuals of the Military Eastern
- Evaluation and examination the training of all Military Eastern Zone units.
- Provide Training on all types of light and medium weapons.
b . Camp Commander- Military Eastern Zone Command/Jordan Army 2009-2012
- Provide and organize protection for the military eastern zone command and all units in the area.
- Designing and management of all Logistic and Technical aspects to the military eastern zone command.
- Ensure efficient and effective logisticssupport to the various components of the unit.
- Leading and managing the troops under my command.
c . Technical staff officer- Border Guards battalion /Jordan Army 2007-2009
- Follow-up technical support to all battalion vehicles and weapons.
- provide functional or technicalexpertise in specific areas as needed.
d. Company Commander - Border Guards battalion /Jordan Army 2006-2007
- Commanded the Company at all activities to ensure accomplishing its assigned mission through following weekly, monthly and annual set plans for the Company operations including establishing agendas, training schedules, and ensuring subordinates are prepared to use the chain of command.
- Kept the Battalion Commander informed of the status of the Company at all times.
- Conducted regular inspections to ensure all members of the Company understand and comply with regulations, make on-the-spot correction and follow-up on deficiencies from earlier inspections and ensure they are corrected.
- Line managed the Company members and ensured effective performance through listening to the team, solving problems, offering advice, conducting knowledge sessions, assigning them on suitable training courses based on needs, providing clear instructions and guidance and following up on logistics and maintenance issues.
- Provide Protection of the borders within the area of responsibility.
e. Air Marshal/The special security and protection unit- Queen Alia International Airport /Jordan 2003-2005
Airport & Aircraft Security / Close Protection Officer
- Provided security and protection to the airport and to passengers departing and arriving to the airport by controlling the crowd and providing public safety through performing physical inspection, luggage scanning, danger prevention and safety inspections.
- Responded to emergency situations by handling cases as trained and providing security escorts to deported passengers departing or arriving to the airport.
- Provided security and protection to the aircrafts and passengers by masquerading as a normal traveler and blending in with the crowd.
- Followed established security procedures in cases of emergency situations such as carrying arms on the plane and making arrests without a warrant while maintaining discretion, logical analytical mind and keeping cool in times of problems
- Conducted security briefs for the security team and cabin crew at the beginning of each flight about job requirement, how and when to take charge of the situation at all time and in times of stress or attack.
- Assured the airplane is secured and checked the safety and protection procedures while refueling and catering the aircraft during transit in coordination with the ground staff and security department at the airport in each country.
- Responsible for managing the security team abroad during residency period in overseas countries including accommodation, team movements, solving arising problems, handling behavior and attitude problems and acting as a reference for information or guidance.
- Developed the required communication, leadership, analyzing and negotiation skills to act as a leader and motivator and take charge of the situation at all times and in times of stress and attack through attending training courses and attending refreshing rehearsals.
- Completed written incident reports and departmental documents and ensured submission to management at the end of each flight.
f. English language interpreter with joint exercises between the Jordanian Army and Foreign Armies.
- To assist Delivering information and training from English to Arabic & From Arabic to English.
- Provide translation for all documents /exercises/ correspondences.
- Work as a liaison officer during joint exercises.