Senior Financial and Internal Auditor (Acting Assistant Manager)
Investment and Development Office [Government of Ras Al Khaimah]
"The Investment and Development Office is the central business office of the Government of Ras Al Khaimah. The major roles of the center are managing emirate's credit rating, financial performance,treasury, and investments. Legal and audit services to government entities and investments."
- Minimize risk exposure by applying strong control acumen in the full audit cycle of operations to preserve effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Improve results by determining the internal audit scope and developing annual plans based around changing markets, accounting documentation, previous reports, data and flowcharts.
- Increase transparency into current positioning by preparing and presenting reports that highlight audit results while serving as an objective source of independent advice.
- Deliver all allocated audit projects on time by managing the scope of deliverables and deviations from targets while maintaining communication with management and the audit committee.
- Champion corporate change initiatives by conducting follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Serve as an information resource and “go to,” lending knowledge of sector rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Safeguarded the department by identifying loopholes and recommending risk aversion measures.
- Responsible for development of audit procedures to be performed as well as the preparation and conclusion of the noted concerns for audit report.
- Conduct special investigation and special audit assignments upon instruction from those charged with governance.