VIsual Design Specialist CC Certification
C.T.E. Business Teacher
- Tampa US-FL
- [email protected]
My Philosophy of Education is that all students want to learn and can learn. It is my job as an educator to research or design the best methods for reaching and teaching ALL students. If a student is not learning, I need to research and re-evaluate my pedagogy.
Each student is unique and follows a different path toward success. I strive to include many research supported methods, alternative methods and utilize my own creativity to help students find success. I teach my students growth-mindset; that un-successful attempts are part of the learning process. I also present evaluation as an integral part of learning and improvement; without feedback, the road to improvement is obscured.
My classroom is a community with many constituents who have a stake in student learning. They are involved in all facets of classroom management, planning, learning, assessment and data analysis; their input is encouraged, valued, accepted and used to drive instruction.
There are many barriers that keep students from learning. I teach to show students how they can navigate those barriers and enter their personal path to life-long learning.
Education- secondary focus.
Bachelor's Degree- (Dual Program) Music Performance and Music Education.
Liberal Arts degree.
Currently teach a variety of C.T.E. business courses to students in grades 9-12. All courses are organized, delivered and accessed by students through a paperless environment that I have created with our learning management system Edsby. I also aligned the business curriculum to correlate with other subject areas to assist with school improvement goals. Students earn Industry Certifications in Microsoft and Adobe products including Adobe InDesign CC, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC and Dreamweaver CC; Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW certification) and Microsoft Office Specialist Certifications. Co-sponsor the club Future Business Leaders of America (F.B.L.A.).Current subjects teaching include: Digital Information Technology, Customer Service 1, Legal Aspects of Business and Digital Design levels 1-4. Previous classes taught: Emerging Technology in Business, Foundations of Web Design, Administrative Office Technology 1 and Computers for College and Career.
• Awarded "Best and Brightest" performance pay 2 years in a row and eligible again this year.
• Class averages on mid-terms and final exam scores are consistently above the county average for all courses.
• Number of student certifications are above county average.
• Above average success with Exceptional Student populations earning certifications and completing coursework requirements.
• -Built community partnerships with local businesses. Business Partners assisted with book adoption committee, Great American Teach-In, Interview day and classroom presentations.
• Active member in extracurricular projects for C.T.E. - Multiple Professional Education Day trainings, aligning C.T.E. standards, curriculum writing for business courses, exam revisions, textbook adoption and teacher mentoring.
• AVID trained site team member for the third year. Attended Summer Institute. Earned certification for the new module- Advancing Technology Office 365.
• C.T.E. department representative for the Professional Leadership Committee (PLC).
Perform project based covert video customer service evaluations for clients throughout the United States.
Coached teachers on technology and literacy integration. Performed general installation, set-up and maintenance on MAC equipment. Provided teaching and learning resources for teachers. Planned and co-taught with teachers to improve teaching and learning. Researched, designed and delivered professional development to support teaching and learning of technology and literacy.
Teach Integrated and remedial classes using technology at a (Title I) School for students in grades K-5. I also teach curriculum infused creative technology classes through the EdVenture after school program. This program is part of an extended school day model for at-risk low performing schools.
Implemented teaching/learning strategies to meet a variety of student disabilities; taught E.S.E. students within an inclusive general education environment utilizing a co-teaching/co-planning model. Created additional specialized lessons for individual students and small group instruction.
Co-developed the curriculum for FMoPA's Pilot Outreach Project, "Literacy through Photography"; taught curriculum to at-risk youth grades K-12.
Taught general music, chorus and instrumental ensembles to students in an inclusive environment at low socioeconomic (Title I) Schools.
Student samples from projects that I integrate with the standards to help students learn business skills, practice F.S.A skills and teach design concepts.