M.Sc. in Materials for Nuclear Energy
Institut polytechnique de Grenoble
The Master MaNuEn - Materials science for Nuclear Energy - and the Master EMINE - Science Innovation in Nuclear Energy - are international masters program for students willing to work in nuclear industry, R&D or research centers.
Master MaNuEn is jointly organised the Academic institute INSTN and supported industrial partners:
- EDF worldwilde leader in nuclear industry with its own institute MAI Material Ageing Institute,
- CEA is the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energie Commission.
MaNuEn is two years master program designed to cover specificities of materials used in a nuclear environment from nuclear fuels to structural materials of nuclear reactors, with special focus on their durability under irradiation.
KEY POINTS ARE:
- Co-accreditation by INSTN
- About 50% of the courses are given by engineers
- Privileged contact with engineers from R&D EDF and CEA
- Conferences on energetic issues
- 5 weeks in-site course at EDF and CEA