- 1986 - present Membership soccer club S.C. Hoevelaken
- 1997 - 1998 Membership tennis club Weldam, Hoevelaken
Risk Management and related domains:
- Financial Risk Management
- Operational Risk Management
- Treasury, Cash Management and Payments
Business and ICT:
- Risk Management and related systems and processes
- Basel II/ III and Solvency II implications for systems and processes
- SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) implications for systems and processes
May 2011 - Present
Project Support/ Marketer
Enigma Business Consulting is one of the biggest payments consulting companies in the Benelux. Enigma’s focus is to provide a bridge between business and ICT for all payments related projects, from payments consultancy to implementations.
Michael’s primary activities lie within the marketing domain, where emphasis is being made on marketing the new website SEPA.nl and coordinating related activities. Michael acts as a supporting role for the company management and reports and communicates directly to the Managing Director. His main activities are the following:
- Communication with national and international payments (related) product and services suppliers, banks and other (financial) institutions
- Doing (marketing) research, documenting research results and inherently providing adequate website content
- Formulation and documentation of requirements for the design of the website based on the demand from Management, to communicate to the design company
- Coordination and management of the provision of additional content (deliverables) for the website from the internal organization
- Coordination of meetings, leading of meetings in absence of the Managing Director and providing meeting reports, to communicate to the Management and internal organization
- Maintenance and provision of Project Management information and Project output, as a means to providing adequate Management Information concerning all website related activities
- As part of secondary activities, provision of adequate Management Information concerning several (secondary) projects within Enigma.
Feb 2011 - Present
Partner/ Account manager
Convent Interim is a young and dynamic organization which has specialized in the supply of interim professionals in Business and ICT. Our clients consist of Top 5 domestic, but internationally orientated banks. Our primary customer is the financial sector where we provide our clients with junior tot senior professionals from Functional Designers to Project Managers. Our domain consists of Core Banking, Risk Management, Investment Banking and Corporate Finance. The quality of our database and network ensures that our clients are served adequately.
As a Partner at Convent Interim Michael enjoys the entrepreneurial environment. The primary focus lies with improving business, penetrate existing markets, creating new ones and nurturing current client accounts and improving the overall quality of the services delivered. As an Account manager Michael has also been given responsibility to manage some important (growth related) customer accounts to both nurture and enhance the relationship with the companies’ current and potential customers.
Aug 2010 - Jan 2011
As a Consultant at Convent-Interim Michael is active both on an operational, tactical and strategic level within the company. His activities range from the actual matching of potential candidates for a specific job offering at the client, communication with both candidates and the clients, to the advising of the Partners on the strategic positioning of the company, advising and making recommendations on the companies’ portfolio of services, its quality management and potential growth opportunities.
2007 - 2010
Erasmus School of Economics
Research paper:The impact of surprise policy actions on interest rates: The influence of Central Bank
2007 - 2008
Utrecht School of Economics
(Additionally acquired) Specialization:Business Management
(Additionally acquired) Specialization:International Economics
2004 - 2007
Utrecht School of Economics