- Collinsville US-IL
- [email protected]
A human resource position where my analytical and problem-solving skills can be utilized to enhance the growth of the company.
As a new intern in the Talent Development department at Fleishman-Hillard I am utilize new tools to increase my knowledge in the recruitment field. Some of the job duties I will be learning and partaking in are listed below.
• Utilize social media sites to identify top talent on a local to international scale in communications, digital, social media, public affairs, etc. • Participate in various parts of the recruitment process including: building contact lists, conducting outreach, phone screens, reference checks, and interview scheduling• Maintain candidate data in our internal applicant tracking systems• Conduct research on culture, industries, and recruitment practices when appropriate • Gather competitor data for strategic recruitment
• Greet and direct patrons to the Prologue Room• Give guided tours to organized groups of 10-40 individuals• Assist with archiving documents
As an intern I worked side by side with the Director and Manager of the Human Resources Department. This position was a generalist role, which allowed me to absorb information about different areas of HR.
• Administered background and drug tests for potential hires• Assisted with completing tax forms and I9's for new hires• Assembled new hire packets• Performed secretarial duties such as filing and data entry• Processed applications for various positions throughout the company• Organized and compiled training packets for each store regarding a new software system• Assisted with payroll and employee benefits as needed
• Answer customer inquiries in person and via telephone conversations• Cultivated positive relationships with prospective students and their families• Explained students' options for high quality experiences with housing• Integrated a scanning system for files to be viewed online• Entered housing applications, answer multi-line phone systems, file paperwork• Exposure to Banner Enterprise Information System
• Cumulative GPA: 3.8
• Minor GPA: 4.0• Dean's List Fall 2009-Fall 2012• Recipient of the Ameren Illinois Scholarship: Spring 2012• Recipient of the R. Marty Burns Memorial Scholarship: Spring 2011• Honorary Member of Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society and National Society of Collegiate Scholars: 2010
Activities:• Student Leadership Development Program: Fall 2009-Spring 2012: Attended 20 modules and contributed over 180 hours of community service to complete program• Mentor Network Participant, Regional Business Council: Fall 2011- Spring 2012: Selected to join a highly competitive cohort of Business & Engineering students receiving exclusive connections to St. Louis regional business executives and professional development opportunities• Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) SIUE Chapter, Public Relations Officer: Fall 2011-Spring 2012 and Secretary: Spring 2012-Spring 2013 • Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) National Chapter Member: Fall 2011-Present
Coursework: Introduction to Human Resource Management, Recruiting, Selecting, and Hiring, Training and Developing Employees, Performance Management and Employee Compensation