2011 - Present
Project Manager Contractor for the US Patent and Trademark. Results-oriented and an innovative Project Management Professional with extensive background in project portfolio management, SDLC phases, business process improvements, and PMBOK methodologies to deliver projects within established scope, budget and timeframe. Skilled in delivering Technology Advisory and Implementation solutions that extract and maximize business value for IT investments. Encompasses architecture and operations services for the IT strategy, innovation, operations, and infrastructure required to deliver efficient and effective platforms fundamental to business success.
- Implemented, managed and delivered multiple large-scale complex projects from concept through completion within established scope, budget and timeframe using Waterfall and Agile methodologies. Experience working on client facing projects and working directly with clients and vendors.
- Defined phase deliverables, tracked milestones and incurred expenses versus planned expenses, scheduled roles and resources, evaluated risks and recommended contingency plans for executive program status reporting. Reviewed monthly dashboard and status reports with executive board members.
- Provided strategic roadmap, managed/controlled financial budget and ROI to align IT and business goals. Supported corporate demand and resource planning tools.
- Experience working with business users to gather requirements, writing functional and technical specifications and communicating technical requirements.
- Ensured Project plans included: Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Communication, Risk, Staffing, and Issue and Procurement management. Ensured team members delivered all documentations for all phases.
- Communicated effectively with staff and management on status, issues, risks, project goals and objectives. Led project team meetings and steering committee meetings as required, including preparation of meeting agendas and meeting minutes. Managed Customer and Vendor relationships.
- Acquired knowledge of ITIL processes, business process modeling, capacity, resource planning and managing resource allocation for prioritized projects.
2006 - 2011
Senior Project Manager
Lead Technical Project Management resource for VisionTech IT team, serving as Project Manager for the development & implementation of web products for the faith-based community.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day project management of new equipment; establishing performance and delivery criteria, preparing project orders and coordinating ordering, and enforcing deadlines for installation.
- Communicate directly with contractors, owners, architects and designers concerning project design, preparations, and scheduling of installation for the equipment.
- Manage Vendor Evaluation, Solutions Development, & Implementation phases.
- Review projects to ensure that contract documents are consistent with the required scope of the project.
- Work with representatives (Executive & Management personnel) to ensure that all deliverable align with both corporate business needs & strategies goals.
- Coordinate all contract activities from the project award stage to completion of computer and server system upgrades as well as installation.
- Work with clients, artists, and other creative developers in the non-profit field in an effort to develop corporate identity and company branding.
2008 - 2011
- Manage multiple ongoing inter-dependent projects, overseeing all aspects of the project as well as coordinate and interact with contractor and client COTR.
- Currently serve as program manager for contracts which includes; Dept. of Ed., Dept. of Labor, US Air Force, and Homland Security.
- Coordinate and monitor resources to ensure compliance with awarded contract; manage internal issues and risks logs; administer project process documentation; communicate status of work activities to management; create and manipulate project schedules.
- Manage the collection and dissemination of financial data, performed trend analysis, and provided management reporting.
- Provide guidance for goals and performance measures, perform employee reviews, and interface with all levels of client organization.
- Deliver monthly client status reports; lead monthly employee project meetings.Assist in identifying new business development opportunities.
2005 - 2006
Work in collaboration with the User Acceptance Test (UAT) team to define the UAT Strategy and schedule, which defines the testing activities (scope, objectives, major deliverables and schedule) to meet each unique UAT requirement.Also work as the liaison between our Virtual Business and IT Teams while writing functional requirements based upon my interpretation of various business requirements.
- Provided leadership and direction to project teams by understanding business processes, gathering requirements, identifying potential usability issues, managing scope and ensuring that an appropriate level of application quality was maintained at all times.
- Developed budgets, project scope plans, while establishing timelines for the Business unit.
- Wrote technical functional requirements for use by the IT department for each unique project or enhancement.
- Ensured the utilization of testing methodology, templates and metrics by SME test team members for consistency and continuity
2002 - 2005
Director of Media & Technology
Mount Zion Community Development Corp.
Provided project initiation and envision, design/build and deployment phase, as well as requirements definition, tracking, testing and defect tracking.Handled the collection and dissemination of financial data, performed trend analysis, and provided management/membership reporting for one of the largest inner-city development corporations in the Northern Virginia area.
- Supervised web associates, computer and telecommunications hardware and software, local and wide area networking, software design and development, and equipment assembly and installation.
- Assured timely, accurate updates of the web site within budget; managed web project plan; evaluated effectiveness of web site functionality; and maintained web site quality control.
- Maintained business relationships with contractors and consultants on specific projects and assigned milestones, dependencies and risks.
2001 - 2002
Human Resources Benefits Enrollment Contractor
Directed the system and integration test of an online benefits enrollment system and portal for Fannie Mae.
- Coordinated testing among nearly 30 personnel from three different client groups.
- Concurrently tested an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone system to be used as an alternate method to access the benefits enrollment databases.
2000 - 2001
Director of Content Development
Directed and managed the development of fully customized Internet portals.
- Created MemberDrive’s “Look and Feel,” now incorporated in every client portal.
- Designed customized websites for the National Rifle Association (myNRA.com), Veterans of Foreign Wars (myTexasVFW.com, myCAVFW.com, myFloridaVFW.com, myOhioVFW.com).
- Developed and maintained liaisons with third party vendors to implement an effective and timely rotation of content and services on each portal MemberDrive created.
- Developed and nurtured online communities; created market strategies to promote products and ideas online resulting in ad revenue profits of over $100,000 within one year.
1999 - 2000
Managed the supply of Internet application solutions and content for one-to-one site management.
- Developed automation tools designed to assist in the rapid deployment of personalized Internet transactions.
- Managed the creation and posting of content on the Nextel Corporate Intranet, Internet and Extranet websites.
- Created a content management system for the retrieval and storage of content, saving the company over 600 quarterly man-hours.
- Created a Process Improvement Team (PIT) resulting in a 10 percent reduction in time to market for new products.
1995 - 1999
Interactive Media Developer
Created and maintained content for AOL, AOL.com and other service owned Web areas.
·Provided technical and project management expertise to over 30 Programmers, Project Managers and Artists in the design, implementation and use of AOL technology in online content areas.
·Mentored and provided guidance to over 18 Assistant Interactive Media Developers on technical issues.
·Served as team leader for the creative build, publishing and strategic development teams.