Jan 2003 - Present
Amphia Hospital, Breda, Netherlands
Overall Systems and Network Administration of a network consisting of roughly 2500 - 3000 workstations and 150+ servers in a team of 8-12 system administrators. General tasks for the team are the following:
- 2nd and 3rd line end-user support.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 servers.
- Maintenance of the central deployment systems (Symantec Livestate and Microsoft SCCM).
- Monitoring of general server and network health through Microsoft SCOM.
- Daily maintenance tasks for Anti-Virus systems, Backup systems, Email systems, etc.
- Implementing new software for end-users.
My specialized tasks have been:
- MS SQL Installation and Management.
- Linux Installation and Management.
- Management of Cisco switches and firewalls.
- Management of Trapeze/Juniper Wireless Controllers and Access Points.
- Membership of the Amphia CERT since it's founding in july 2011
- Epic Caché Systems Administration since april 2010 (go-live for the hospital in may 2011)
- Upgrading Epic server-side software to newer versions - We went live on Epic 2010, but have since performed various upgrades and are now running Epic 2014.
During my time at Amphia Hospital, I have participated in the following large projects (and a number of smaller projects as well):
- Full replacement of the entire network layer with new Cisco switches. August - November 2003
- Replacement of the internet facing firewall and implementation of VPN access. July - September 2005.
- Implementation of Epic EHR on HP-UX. April 2010 - May 2011.
- Migrating the Epic EHR to new HP-UX server hardware. March - September 2014.