Queen of England
Queen Elizabeth 1
- first introduced by going to courts to see her father Henry VIII rule. Her intelligence and education helped her be known as one of the smartest woman in her time.
- She had a tough life growing up with deaths, bankrupt nation, arrests in her family so she learned a lot about surviving the dangers in life.
- known for preserving peace and stability in England.
- passed the Act of Supremacy which replaced the Act of Supremacy issued by her father in 1534. This confirmed Elizabeth as Supreme Governor of the Church of England with out her saying she was. Many did not like this because they did not trust a woman ruling the church.
- the Act of Uniformity which is any person taking public or church office in England must promise to the monarch as Supreme Governor of the Church of England.
- The same Act of Supremacy was passed in Ireland
- She gave a famous speech called the parliament or known as the "Golden Speech" and was a reflection about the riots on food shortages.