Senior Communications Advisor, Technology-to-Market Program
BCS, INC. (CONTRACTOR to the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY), Washington, D.C.
The Technology-to-Market Program within the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE's) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy pilots programs that remove the barriers innovative energy technologies face on the pathway to market.
- Oversee the marketing, communications, and stakeholder engagement activities for nine Tech-to-Market programs.
- Produce events and programs, including DOE's 2017 National Cleantech University Prize competition in Austin, Texas, and the 2017 Energy I-Corps Closing Sessions and Graduation in Washington, D.C.
- Develop programmatic messaging for wide range of stakeholders and audiences, including DOE leadership, Congressional stakeholders, DOE national labs, the industry and investment communities, and the public.
- Create briefings, backgrounders, and talking points for the office of the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Energy and other senior leadership.
- Mentor junior communications specialists and manage graphics and communications consultants.
- Developed Tech-to-Market’s branding and messaging architecture, including the program's vision and mission statement and guiding principles.
- Managed internal and external communications for the launch of the $7.8 million Innovative Pathways funding opportunity, including targeted messaging and media relations.
- Oversaw the rebrand of Tech-to-Market's web site and marketing materials, as well as the rename of DOE's Energy I-Corps program.
- Bolstered stakeholder engagement and communications by launching the first-ever Tech-to-Market newsletter and growing the opt-in stakeholder mailing list from 500 to more than 4,000.
- Positioned Tech-to-Market's director as a thought leader, securing and promoting speaking engagements and published pieces.