National Geographic is one of the largest non-profit scientific and educational institutions in the world.
Reporting to the EVP, Global Corporate Partnerships and VP, Communications, oversee communications, media relations, and stakeholder engagement for National Geographic's Great Energy Challenge, a corporate partnership with Shell. Work collaboratively with cross functional teams, including editorial, marketing, digital/web products, and social media.
- Manage "Big Energy Question" series of high-level stakeholder forums in the UK, Turkey, Canada, Japan, Brazil, India, Indonesia, and South Africa, including program development, speaker and participant recruitment, vendor and agency management, and editing, promotion, and distribution of digital, print, and video outputs.
- Establish relationships with key experts and stakeholders across a diverse range of sectors, including NGOs, think tanks, academic institutions, government, and business and industry, to increase awareness and drive engagement. Research and outreach to more than 600 experts and stakeholders worldwide.
- Advise on content development and distribution strategies to raise the profile of the Great Energy Challenge news stories, web portal, and blog.
- Analyze global energy, environmental, and sustainability issues in order to identify critical trends and develop relationships with industry influencers and thought leaders.
- Member of National Geographic’s Sustainability Leadership Network.