Reading, Cooking, Cottaging
To obtain an engaging internship to utilize my creative, innovative and analytical nature while applying the communication skills developed to cultivate a career in the public relations industry.
Sep 2008 - Present
Public Relations Advanced Diploma Program
- Corporate & International PR Corporate Social Responsibility
- Fund Raising Change Management
- Writing Lab 1-5 Media Relations
- Special Event Planning Marketing Research
- Public Affairs Communication Planning
- Dean's List 2008-present
- Nominated for a Humber College Student Appreciation Award 2010
Oct 2008 - Present
Cashier and Merchandiser
Shoppers Drug Mart
- Completed customer transactions while promoting the use, membership, and advantages of the Optimum point’s card while dealing with concerns of those in line.
Mar 2010 - Present
- Researched potential auction items tailored to Wine, Dine and Pine guests' demographics. Approached local businesses seeking donations for the fund raiser and facilitated the gifts.
- Assisted in set-up and tear-down at two Mosquitos & Mojitos fund raising events. Manned the drink and raffle ticket tables, facilitated silent auction and product sales during the event.
- Supported event planners with on-site errands and signage set-up at the Cottage Classic Golf Tournament.Encouraged golfers and informed guests about the evening’s schedule.
- Promoted the organization and up-coming fund raising initiatives at the Spring Cottage Life Show.
Jul 2010 - Present
On-Set Assistant & Guest Liason
·Greeted performing artists and interviewees, liasing between guests and online TV host.
·Ensured guests completed broadcast waivers and hot topic interview forms prior to filming.
Nov 2010 - Present
Public Relations Committee Member
·Currently developing a media kit to promote the Hawaiian Oyster Odyssey fund raiser.
Dec 2009 - Apr 2010
Decor Subcommittee Member
2010 Humber College Art Show:
- Assisted creating ‘eARTh Matters’ themed proposal for the
- Researched and visioned décor concept, presenting to clients throughout the process.
- Innovatively decorated two locations utilizing current resources and recycled materials to compliment the environmentaly conscious theme and objective of the event.