To obtain an internship with an innovative company that allows me to utilize my public relations writing skills and creativity in order to positively contribute to communication efforts and the corporate environment.
Wedding and event design, vintage fashion and history.
Sep 2010 - Present
- Responsible for increasing visibility of the company's brand by maintaining it's online presence.
- Compile media lists to aid in communications.
- Develop relationships with campus leaders and media. This has resulted in an increased number of applicant's for the company's campaigns.
Nov 2009 - Sep 2010
- Used active listening to develop relationship with customers and uncover their fashion needs.
- Promoted the company's brand through communication with customers.
Jun 2010 - Aug 2010
- Assisted with interviews, copy writing and editing a guest series for the Globe and Mail.
Jul 2009 - Aug 2009
Town of Shelburne
- Researched and documented the history of heritage homes in Shelburne by studying historical records and recording them in Microsoft Access.
- Assisted with town events, photography and media monitoring.
May 2008 - Apr 2009
Clerk - Registrar and Admissions offices
- Provided assistance to prospective students to ease the transition into college.
- Aided patrons with financial transactions and academic inquiries.
Nov 2006 - Jan 2007
Librarian's Assistant - Co-op
Shelburne Public Library
- Promoted the library's various events by creating and posting flyers in local businesses.
- Participated in special events and aided daily operations.
- Assisted with computer work using Microsoft Word and Excel.