Seeking a private sector position that requires excellent interpersonal, organizational, supervisory, research, and analytical skills.
Aug 2013 - Present
Greenville Museum of Arts
- Prepare art gallery for viewing.
- Attend social events to promote the museum.
Sep 2012 - Jun 2013
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information.
- Liaison with internal and external contacts.
- Assisting with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment inventory and storage
Aug 2008 - Oct 2008
Beaufort County Schools
- Responsible for End of Grade and End Of Course tests administered to 10 teachers, which entailed setting the test dates and times, handing out testing material for the students, and collecting and delivering tests to the central office.
- Assistant to the Principal in delegation of issues, that may have occurred within the school population of 150 students, 10 teachers, and 3 staff members.
- Entered test scores in the North Carolina Window on Student Education system (NCWISE), which integrated all aspects of public school life from the classroom to the central office.
Oct 2006 - Dec 2007
Suffolk Housing Authority
- Conducted in-home inspections for clients who were approved for help through the Suffolk Housing Authority, or for transitional living and self-sufficient program. These inspections were done before the clients moved into the property.
- Made sure the housing was adequate for living and free of hazards that could harm or potentially harm the client or the client's family member(s).
- Conducted and facilitated client interviews daily for the Family Self Sufficient program.
- Provided customer service support to clients participating in the transitional living/self sufficient program in means of giving them information on how to register for school, to dress on an interview, and how to manage their money.
- Managed and maintained Housing Authority database on all clients by entering personal information
Aug 2007 - Nov 2007
- Responsible for organizing and motivating voters to polls for a change in the way tax payer money was being spent in Virginia Beach, VA. Printed, handed out bulletins and brochures around the Virginia Beach, VA area.
- Managed and maintained campaign database on 20 volunteers.
- Organized, assembled, and distributed numerous of “Get out to Vote” campaign packets for voters to read and compare candidates.
- Provided customer service support for voters’ questions about a candidate and answer questions about the documents that was passed out to them
Nov 1994 - Dec 2005
- Hired as a stock person. My duties included unpacking leather products and properly making sure, they had security tags on them.Promoted to sales person from my proven ability of hard work, which led to the position of Assistant manager.
- Trained staff members on leather-care products and how to apply these products to the leather properly.
- Trained on customer service and ways to present and sale products to customers.
- Created daily sales reports, and audit reports for Wilson store inventory and sales.
- Monitored and reported loss prevention of store products to loss prevention.
Jul 2003 - Oct 2004
- Sales representative for telecommunnication company.
- Met and exceeded monthly store goals for sales representatives, including meeting the store quota of 70 new lines of service per representative and renewing old customers when their service agreement expired.
- Provided customer service support on consumer sales opportunities by answering questions on features that the company offered for cellular phones.
- Took sales product inventory by reporting to the manager of items that customers were asking about.
- Researched and provided analysis on market competition and rate plans, which would affect the flow of traffic through the store.
- Provided customer support services on customer inquiries, i.e., billing, phone activation, services, maintenance programs.