Life Technologies, Inc.
- I am currently working with the Primary and Stem cells group within the company, and have gained extensive experience in mammalian cell culture of primary and stem cells. My research focus is with Primary Cells from the Skin and Vascular tissues. I also have experience in culture of Embryonic Stem cells as well as platform technologies such as BacMam, Gateway cloning, etc. I have also been expanding my skill set in a variety of molecular biology as well as cellular imaging techniques.
- At Life Technologies, apart from my responsibilities in the lab, I have been intricately involved in the various aspects of product development for the project that I currently serve as the R&D lead. This involvement is right from in-depth project planning, presenting progress reports to other team members and senior management, to customer site visits and attending scientific meetings.
- Highly efficient in project management as well as effectively working with cross-functional teams to launch quality products in the market within the team deadlines. Working in a cross-functional team has also helped me gain greater understanding of the roles of team functions outside of R&D such as operations, QC, and management.
- Previously, I have worked extensively on development and characterization of multiple BacMam virus particles, as well as qPCR characterization of a number of primary cells.
- I have demonstrated the ability to effectively plan and execute, and deliver on tight timelines on all projects that I have undertaken at Life Technologies.
- Gave oral and poster presentation on ‘High efficiency exogenous gene expression in primary human skin cells using Bacmam technology.' at the Society of Investigative Dermatology meeting in Atlanta, May 2010.