Accounting & Tax Manager
General Motors Italia Srl
The company is the Italian subsidiary of GM, selling vehicles, parts and accessories in Italy with Opel and Saab brands.
Reporting to the C.F.O., coordinating a Team of 5 resources with the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Financial reporting (monthly, quarterly and yearly) to the Headquarter in Detroit - U.S.A. and Corporate accounting (based on US GAAP);
- Statutory accounting and reporting (based on Italian GAAP);
- Income Tax and VAT accounting and reporting;
- Liaison with internal and external auditors as well as with the Board of the Statutory Auditors (internal controls, PRM's, SOX audits, financial audits, "Vietti" quarterly reviews ecc.);
- Liaison with the European Financial Shared Service Center based in Barcelona, Spain, where some Finance functions are located (GL, AR, AP, Intercompany, Payments, Costing);
- Liaison with tax advisors and with Tax Offices in the event of Tax audits;
- Cash Flow forecasting;
- Coordination of Cash & Collection and monitoring of the aging of receivable;
- Control of the accuracy of Account reconciliations;
- Establishing and maintaining accounting practices to ensure data necessary for business operations is accurate and reliable;
- Developing Finance & Administration policies and procedures.