Program Manager - African American Forum Employee Resource Group
Jan 2011 - Jun 2015
The AAF mission is to strengthen African American employees at GE through professional development, career management, and mentoring that will enable retention and growth. The forum also works to strengthen the bonds between GE and its local African American communities.
- Provided leadership and project management around specific programs created to meet the needs of African American employees in areas such as professional development, networking, and community engagement
- Collaborated with AAF leadership to hold small round tables which provided employees access to experienced professionals and boosted recruitment and retention efforts by 25%
- Managed internal and external communications and social media as well as executive report outs
- Created local and national Black History Month programming in which over 200 AAF members and company employees participated
- Served as the liaison connecting African American employees to over 15 volunteer and community service opportunities in the Greater Milwaukee Area