The Founder Institute is a technology startup accelerator and entrepreneur training program currently on pace to launch over 500 companies per year in over 13 cities worldwide. The program identifies high-potential entrepreneurs using predictive social science testing, and then guides them through weekly company-building sessions featuring a network of over 350 CEO Mentors. All program stakeholders, including the participating founders and CEO Mentors, share in the equity generated by companies formed in the program. In addition, participants get access to free and discounted services, and are not required to quit their day job.
Oct 2010 - Present
Aug 2007 - Jul 2010
Bachelor's of Arts
National University of Singapore
Pass with Merit
Dec 2010 - Present
Learnemy is an online platform that makes it really easy for teachers and learners of recreational classes find each other. Learnemy differs from its competitors as it uses a novel business model to solve the problem of information overload experienced by a interested learner who is looking for a suitable teacher. I believe that people should be able to make a living by doing what they like to do. Hence, I hope to provide a platform for people to monetize their skill sets by teaching.I am currently looking for a technical co-founder who believes in Learnemy's vision.
Nov 2010 - Present
I focus on building a community of like-minded professionals and influencer of the electric vehicle and its related industries. Part of community building, I engage in energy storage related topics such as the EV Battery Forum and the Energy storage Forum with annual International meetings and Training Courses held in China and Europe.
Jun 2010 - Oct 2010
- Created ebooks on social media marketing and social media crisis management
- Secured a speaking engagement for the company at the Social Media World Forum (Asia) 2010 with my proposal on social media crisis management.
- Provided consultancy service for Chingay 2011 social media marketing campaigns.
- Manage Chingay 2011 social media marketing and achieved a 125% increase in number of fans on their Facebook page in two months from August to October 2010.
May 2009 - May 2010
Vice President (Global Projects)
- Privileged to lead a team of 50 members involved in global projects, covering the ASEAN region, Asia and the western countries. The three projects under my charge are ASEANpreneurs, BizAsia and International Student Alliance for Global Entrepreneurship (ISAGE).
- Rebranded all projects and demonstrated competitive positioning of the projects on the global scale.
- Expanded networks with entrepreneurship societies from various parts of the world. E.g. National Taiwan University, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and BINUS University
- Further developed as a vision led leader.
- Honed public speaking skills from moderating public events and speaking at sharing sessions.
- Attended business study trips to Silicon Valley and Beijing.
Jun 2009 - Jul 2009
Marketing Communications Executive (Intern)
- Created this paid internship position through discussion with CEO.
- Provided a unique perspective on marketing campaigns that brought in ticket sales for a meet-and-greet session.
Sep 2007 - Sep 2008
Freshmen Orientation Programmes Chairperson
- Fully responsible for the success of the 6 projects under this programme (Arts Camp, Orientation Week, Matriculation Fair, Arts Flag, Arts Rag, Arts Bash) from the vision setting, the appointment of projects’ directors, overseeing of projects management, to conflict resolutions.
- Served the needs of 1,500 newly matriculated students.
- Displayed ability to make good key decisions regarding the programmes.
- Led the dynamic team in the FOP Central Committee
- Hands-on implementation of marketing skills to both freshmen and business partners.
- Tested ability to manage funds by the FOP Central Committee and oversee expenditure.
Mar 2007 - Jun 2007
HR Administrative Assistant, Assistant Secretary
Demonstrated ability to be meticulous with the vase amount of vital information in the department, which resulted in an extension in period of service with added responsibilities.
Given the autonomy of answering enquires regarding a job posting and sieving through CVs.
Highly satisfactory performance resulted in recommendation for service in another department as Assistant Secretary, hence another extension in period of service to the company.
Compile daily stock data report that is submitted to major stakeholders of the company.
Mar 2007 - May 2007
- Interact and communicate with public housing owners regarding sales of housing estates.
- Learnt about communicating impactful information about a service in a short conversation via trial and error from cold calling.
Dec 2006 - Feb 2007
- Solely responsible for the housekeeping and inventory management of the counter at Takashimaya Departmental Store.
- Learnt about promoting sales through interacting with customers through trial-and-error approach.