Jun 2011 - Present
Sep 2008 - Present
Director of Sales & Marketing
- Built sales and marketing division in order to secure new busienss for Noisemaker Media, Inc.
- Developed marketing collateral and branding materials to facilitate sales efforts
- Managed a team of sales professionals to ensure effective pipeline management and sales execution in order to meet revenue targets
- Responsible for negotiations of high-value contracts and ensuring customer satisfcation
Aug 2007 - Sep 2008
Services & Solutions Sales Executive
- Tasked to sustain business and uncover new opportunities within the largest global publishing and advertising firms in the world with a yearly revenue expectation in the millions
- Repaired a tumultuous relationship with Random House en route to renewing a $1.2M contract consisting of hardware and services.
- Uncovered sustainability-related opportunities at Random House and Hearst Corporation, collectively valued at $2M+
- Uncovered a mailroom / print shop opportunity at Random House with an approximate value of $7M
- HAPA participant (Hispanic Association for Professional Advancement)
Aug 2003 - Jun 2007
Output Management Sales Specialist
- Tasked to sell IBM Printing Systems hardware, software and services to all financial firms in the New York City metropolitan area, including Fortune 500 Wall Street firms and smaller rapid-growth financial companies.
- Articulated IBM Printing System Division’s solutions to customers and the unique value that those solutions bring to their enterprise.
- Exceeded quota since 2005 generating over $5M in revenue to the division.
Sep 1999 - May 2003
Bachelor of Science
Opened in 1999, the College of Information Sciences and Technology (IST) is Penn State’s visionary response to the rapidly growing need in almost every field for leadership in information sciences and related technologies.
I was personally drawn to IST because of my affinity for computer programming. Although my interest in technology was inherent, I also knew that I wanted to impact the world beyond just "building" or "designing" information technology.
Upon my recruitment to Penn State, I discovered IST as a brand new, cutting-edge program that would allow me to take my interest in technology and combine it with my interpersonal skills in order to understand the full spectrum of how technology could impact society as a whole.
- Past President-Advisor for IST Alumni Society (Current)
- Member of the Penn State University Alumni Council (Current)
- President & Co-founder of IST Alumni Society (2003 – 2006)
- Past President-Advisor for IST Student Government (Senior Year)
- President of IST Student Government (Junior Year)
- Vice-President of IST Student Government (Sophomore Year)
- Co-Founder of IST Student Government (Freshman Year)
- President & Co-Founder of IST Interest House (Freshman Year)
- First-ever Alumni Contribution Award-Winner for philanthropic and volunteer service (2008)
- IBM 100% Club Attendee - San Diego, CA (2006)
- IBM Printing Systems Divsion Vice-President's Award (2005)
- IBM Printing Systems Division Rookie of the Year (2004)
- Inaugural President of the Penn State University IST Alumni Society (2003 - 2004)
- Appointed member of the Penn State University Alumni Council (2003 – 2006)
- Chosen to participate on the IST Advisory Board, among 20+ industry executives to assist in curriculum development (2003 – 2006)
- Recipient of the University-wide 2002 Cigna Excellence Award for outstanding academic excellence, extra-curricular involvement and leadership potential (2002)
- Inaugural Winner of the Student Leadership Award for IST (2001)
- Lead a team of 7 students to the top four of a business plan competition as Chief Executive Officer of Vasor Technologies (2001 - See Work Samples Below)
- Sarnoff Engineering Corporation Scholarship Recipient (1999 – 2003)
- Testified for IST before the Pennsylvania State Senate in Harrisburg, PA (2001)
- Featured in two local newspaper articles, various magazines and online articles, regarding my involvement and achievements as an IST student (2000 – 2002)
ConsummateSalesProfessional with 10yearsofrelevantexperiencegrowingexistingbusiness, prospecting&developingnewbusinessinordertooverachieverevenuegoals
- IBM Signature Selling Method
- Target Account Selling (TAS): Create and Win™
- Client-Centered Selling
- Business Engagement Strategies and Tactics (BEST)
- Value-Driven Negotiating
- Third-Box Thinking™
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Bilingual: English & Spanish
We are living in challenging times that require new levels of innovation never before required in business. I believe a modern-day sales professional must possess the ability to see the turmoil that the economic recession has caused in the market place, not as an insurmountable challenge, but as an opportunity to drive new kinds of successes. Businesses are looking for new ways to both cut costs and attain growth as the economy becomes increasingly global and environmentally conscious. I welcome those challenges and look forward to demonstrating value by leveraging my skills and experiences to positively impact both the bottom line of the organization I represent as well as the customers I support.
As part of our business plan submission, we included this magazine ad to demonstrate one of many ways in which we would go about marketing to industry.
As a sophomore at Penn State (2000 - 2001), I lead a team of 7 students to the final four of a business plan challenge that included 200+ teams, many of which had members that were already in industry. Our idea? A customizable community-driven support system (before a community-driven web presence was popular!). Although we did not win the grand prize of $250,000... the experience was invaluable and one of my fondest memories from college.
My comments: A recommended read from a close friend and colleague, I am looking forward to learning new ways of presenting information so that it can be more easily digested and therefore more compelling and actionable for its intended audience. future reading
My comments: A recommendation from National HAPA President (see references section). I'm excited to read one of his many sources of inspiration. future reading
My comments: In lieu of President Obama's pending sustainability policies, I believe businesses across all industries are going to be required to look at sustainability, not just as a corporate social responsibility, but also as a business requirement to drive their competitive edge. current reading