Director Special Projects, Central & Eastern Europe (CEE)
Managed a team of 4 in the treasury operation covering 9 Eastern Europe countries, including Russia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, and Montenegro. Facilitated new investments and business growth throughout the region by securing funding from internal sources and outside banking relationships. Oversaw Country Finance Directors in the deployment of capital toward strategic initiatives and investments. Led various financial transactions for the region, including onshore and offshore funding, share repurchases, and M&A deals.
- Negotiated and executed a $2.2 billion, 7-country sale to CVC Capital Partners, safeguarding €150 million in disputed transaction value for ABI.
- Generated profits of $4.5 million in 2009 and $1 million in the first quarter of 2010 from currency and aluminium trading activities, boosting overall EBITDA by over $3 million.
- Completed a €300 million recapitalisation in Russia.
- Forged a new banking relationship that provided lower-cost debt capital to the Ukraine.
- Released over €100 million in locked funds from 2 countries.
- Cut working capital dispersion from 20% to below 10%, producing record cash flows in CEE.