Provide assurance services to the firm's portfolio of international and local clients. Responsible for the execution of PwC's risk based audit approach and leading audit teams during the fieldwork (using strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills). In addition, provide a variety of non-assurance services to the firm's clients while developing my technical knowledge and methodology as well as having the opportunity to work with a number of high profile institutions.
Test scores and grades:
- TOEIC iBT 960 points.
- TOEFL iBT 550 points.
Promotions and awards:
- Promoted from auditor to Audit senior on July 2015
- Performance feedback overall rating: outstanding (Tier 1).
- Promoted from auditor to Audit semi-senior on July 2014.
- Performance feedback overall rating: high-performance (Tier 2).
Toyota (August 2014 - 2015): Financial statement audit of Toyota's car dealership offices in Cancún & Mérida.
- 4.7% improvement in revenue recognition process which impacted on the company's financial statement's cut-off assertion.
- Corporate governance implementation from fraud risk analysis.
- Risk analysis resulting in payroll related entity creation as a way of moving on to safer employee management & payroll practices.
- Operation analysis resulting in transfer pricing study need & implementation.
- 25% improvement in internal control processes regarding sales (group-policy enforcement).
- Improvement in legal department's measuring process regarding claims and litigation probability in order to ensure compliance to Mexican GAAP.
MERA Corporation (June 2012 - present): Financial statement audit of corporate group companies in Cancún, Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel, Mérida, Veracruz, Toluca, Guadalajara, Ecuador & Colombia.
- 23.5% improvement on impairment analysis, resulting in true and compliant financial information regarding fixed assets and related expenses.
- 23.5% improvement on going concern analysis (implementation of financial rations & other related laws in the company's regular process), resulting in true and compliant financial information regarding equity under Mexican GAAP.
- 64.7% improvement on deferred income tax calculation process resulting in an overall improvement on accruals recognition process.
- Control deficiency weakness detection, 10% improvement on inventory internal control policies and 20% improvement on expenses internal control design.
Meliá Hotels International (November 2011 - present): Financial statement audit of hotel in Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Cancún, Playa del Carmen & Los Cabos.
- Overall improvement on impairment analysis process, resulting in 55.3% benefit from depreciation expense application on fixed assets.
- 30% improvement on fixed assets recognition method for Mexican GAAP compliance.
- 100% improvement in compliance with Mexican GAAP under NIF B-8 regarding consolidating financial statements.
- 40% improvement on Mexican group company's financial statements by promptly analyzing going concern assumptions & eliminating the risk which by extension eliminated the qualified opinion.
Svitzer Américas Ltd. (November 2012 - present): Financial statement audit of corporate offices (MAERSK subsidiary) in Miami, Florida and Santo Domingo, República Dominicana.
- 5% improvement on bare-boat and time charter contract control.
Carpenter Technology (October 2014 - present): Financial statement audit of Mexican corporate offices in Mexico city, Guadalajara, Monterrey & Querétaro.
- Local GAAP compliance (100%) by implementing consolidation process in compliance with NIF B-8, without precedents.
- 18% improvement in Employee Benefit provision (pension plan, seniority premium & termination indemnity) in compliance with NIF D-3.
- Deferred tax accuracy improvement by 32% by a prompt application of the asset & liabilities method included in NIF D-4.
- Grupo Sunset Vacation World Resorts and Vacation Experiences (Financial statement audit in Cancún, Quintana Roo)
- Core Lab Services (Financial statement audit in Villahermosa, Tabasco)
- Unlimited Vacation Club (Financial statement audit in Cancún, Quintana Roo and La Romana, República Dominicana)
- AM Resorts (Financial statement audit in Cancún, Quintana Roo)
- Mullen Real State Holdings (Financial statement audit in Huatulco, Puerto Vallarta, Costa Rica & Philadelphia)