Senior LAN Manager
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Provide primary technology support to faculty & staff in the division of Hematology/Oncology and backup support to faculty & staff in the divisions of Nephrology & Infectious Disease.
- Administer critical divisional data and technology, including: Hyper-V server, file server, PaperCut print management server, Kaseya systems management server, Symantec Backup Exec server, LaserGene server, Active Directory OU's/GPO's, SharePoint site, etc.
- Serve as the team lead for two full time technical professionals housed within the divisions of Nephrology & Infectious Disease.
- Purchase IT related equipment, software and supplies for the division of Hematology/Oncology.
- Prepare and maintain an annual divisional technology budget of approximately $50,000.
- Migrated outdated divisional Windows file server to enterprise hosted EMC Isilon storage.
- Virtualized divisional WDS, print, WSUS and LaserGene servers using Hyper-V running on Server 2012 R2.
- Improved existing tape-based backup solution by procuring and deploying a 48TB disk-based storage system.
- Successfully upgraded all division PC's from Windows XP to Windows 7 with BitLocker encryption.
- Created OS image build/deployment procedures using a combination of Hyper-V reference machines & WDS.
- Created Kaseya agent procedures to automate the deployment of client software such as: Dragon Medical Network Edition, Epic Hyperspace, SPSS, and more