VP / National Sales Mgr. - Naturalizer
Brown Shoe Company
Directed and developed the sales organization consisting of nine account executives with $152M in sales. Managed account negotiations, allowance allocation and advertising budgets.Determined seasonal footwear lines and key items by points of distribution including all multi-line independents, independent concept stores, internet, and select mid-tier.Reported to the Senior VP/General Manager.
- Promoted, in recognition of previous successes and contributions, to the flagship brand of the corporation with annual sales of $247M.
- Achieved sales over 140% per year in the internet and catalog distribution in a challenging retail environment. Accomplished by building strong and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Opened over 100 new accounts of distribution for five years consecutively by empowering the sales organization to identify business opportunities.
- Achieved double digit sales increases while also increasing profitability for five years consecutively.Managed budgets and created sales incentive programs for the retailers.
- Co-created innovative marketing materials with marketing team to better serve the retailers and concept stores, resulting in an average of 18% increase in retail sales.