Nov 2010 - Present
Oct 2009 - Nov 2010
Works with customers to identify and establish training programs that fit unique needs of each organization. Designs and produces training material that supports organizational training programs. Involved in industrial and government initiatives to improve technological methods and promote the use of distance learning and social media for training. Designs training material and delivery methods for clients requiring the use of distance learning.
- Researched, developed, and presented three separate proposals on immersive learning to potential clients resulting in new business for the company.
- Authored several white papers on new training techniques and design methods which were used by senior management to steer corporate policy on future business initiatives.
- Uses the A.D.D.I.E model as a basis of designing instructional methods and material for organizations.
- Develops course content which is used for synchronous and asynchronous styles of distance learning.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of training material and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Develops processes and standards to manage and maintain consistent and quality learning curriculum, as needed.
Feb 2006 - Jul 2009
Organizational Training Manager
Analyzed training needs to develop new training programs, modify and improve existing programs, which exceeded requirements directed from Naval and Education Training Center. Prepared and managed training budget for department. Evaluated instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Organizational improvements in training department resulted in reduction in reporting errors from 28% to 4%. Other notable improvements were a greater operating budget due to cost reductions and increased productivity output, due to improved office ergonomics.
- Developed training resulted in overall increased productivity from employees due to a reduction of injuries, loss of security clearances due to financial responsibilities, and an increased awareness of personal responsibilities from workers.
- A restructured physical fitness program brought failures from almost 50% down to 22% in just one year.
- Designed and oversaw implementation and utilization of SharePoint software to track productivity and cross department projects. Implementation maximized resources and cut down on duplicate work by 50%.
Oct 2004 - Jan 2006
Assistant Organizational Training Coordinator
Planned, developed, and provided training and staff development programs, using methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops. Developed and organized training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials. Developed testing and evaluation procedures.
- Developed content and delivered training on over 30 training topics including safety, sexual harassment, conflict resolution, and cultural awareness.
- Developed a comprehensive standard operation procedure for the common access point and general security procedures which led to zero security violations.
- Trained convoy security personnel in proper small unit procedures, radio operating, map reading, weapons handling, first aid, crisis management, and prisoner handling.
Oct 2001 - Oct 2004
Department Training Coordinator & Intelligence Analyst
Assessed training needs through interviews with employees, focus groups, consultation with managers, and instructors. Organized and developed, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials. Presented information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures. Selected and assigned instructors to conduct training.
- Planned and directed meetings, reviewed correspondence and proofed presentations before delivered to senior staff.
- Implemented comprehensive professional training program that resulted in 100% advancement for all eligible personnel for two consecutive years.
- Managed a budget in excess of $100,000 to support operations in the department as well as to deployed personnel throughout Europe.
- Personally and professionally mentored junior personnel leading to the commissioning of four enlisted personnel and advancement of majority of personnel assigned.
- Received numerous letters of appreciation from NATO and U.S. commanders for outstanding service and leadership; including a Joint Commendation Medal.
Nov 1997 - Oct 2001
Trainer & Intelligence Analyst
Developed training manuals and standard operating procedures for the ships intelligence center. Delivered professional training for new employees on work place procedures, computer systems, fire fighting, watch standing and other general intelligence knowledge.
- Led and trained the ship's first team of intelligence analysts in the intelligence fusions center on all aspects of watch standing, briefing, reporting, enemy and friendly force recognition, and security.
- Training techniques and procedures developed upon ships commissioning are still being used due to effectiveness and overall relevance.