Teacher-Social Studies; 6 Grade
Merry Acres Middle School
- Work with a culturally and socio-economically diverse group of sixth grade students of various learning abilities using a district middle school curriculum.
- Develop and implement engaging, effective lessons in World Studies for a heterogeneous group of sixth grade special and regular education students based on sixth grade Georgia Performance Standards.
- Work collaboratively with other teachers and professionals to create effective lessons that meet the learning needs and abilities of all students.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive classroom management blueprint which, not only clearly outlines classroom rules and consequences for not adhering to rules, but rewards students for responsible behavior.
- Attend parent conferences, faculty and team meetings, IEP meetings, and county wide professional development days. Actively participate in activities which include: assessing student progress, assigning grades, taking attendance, lunch/recess duty, keeping parents/guardians informed through newsletters, daily or weekly progress reports/behavior charts, phone calls and email.
- Regularly assess student achievement using diagnostic, formative and summative data.
- Co-sponsor: Chess Club
- Sponsor: 6th Grade Junior Beta Club
- Department Chair: Social Studies Department (2013-2014)